help

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

-KiLLYOU-

Sep 4, 2004
ok i installed this mod it didnt work when i installed it the first time i didnt change the location it went into the ut2004 folder but when i checked inside there was no unwheel folder it had installed the files into the other folders instead of making a mod folder so i reinstalled it and made an unwheel folder and it still wouldnt work i also checked ingame to activate it but there was nothing so i looked at the other mod folders and there was only 1 thing that the unwheel mod folder didnt have and thats a ut2k4mod file so i copied 1 and edited it it showed up in the community/usermods page but it didnt work so i was wondering if any1 else has had this problem and if so how did u fix it or did i just get a bad file/installer or is there a patch im missing or something any help would be greatly appreciated this mod looks awesome and i would really like to play it thanks

Last edited:

Ravu al Hemio

Comes, fixes, leaves.
Sep 1, 2004
Austria
Well, UnWheel does NOT install into a mod folder; it slaps its files into the UT2004 folders (Textures, System, Animations,...). (There has been a discussion about "Mod/Not mod" on this topic, but I don't remember the outcome) So: reinstall UnWheel, specify the root directory of UT2004 (e.g. C:\Games\Epic\UT2004) and let the installer do its job. Then, apply the newest patch for UT2004 and start the game normally. At the bottom of the gametype list, you will find the UnWheel gametypes.

ProjectX

Nicholas 'ProjectX' Udell - UnWheel Maps
Jan 9, 2004
Right behind you.
Thanks Ravu, you saved me some typing!

We should add this to the FAQ for other peeps. Oh and the outcome so far is that Shrimp doesn't want to waste valuable time that could be spent on tweaking the game to perfection on making custom menus etc.

However if I ever learn to code I'll try and implement one.

Or someone else could... (looks at Ravu and his Air Time mutator)

Ravu al Hemio

Comes, fixes, leaves.
Sep 1, 2004
Austria
ProjectX said:
Thanks Ravu, you saved me some typing!
No problem ;)

Shrimp doesn't want to waste valuable time that could be spent on tweaking the game to perfection on making custom menus etc. However if I ever learn to code I'll try and implement one. Or someone else could... (looks at Ravu and his Air Time mutator)
Err... maybe :)
Just get me some nice graphics and I will try to do my best ;)

ProjectX

Jan 9, 2004
Right behind you.
Ravu al Hemio said:
No problem ;)

Err... maybe :)
Just get me some nice graphics and I will try to do my best ;)

Well so far the highest-voted image is this:
UWMenuDraft01.jpg

But you'll have to PM ultranewbie for the bmp version and get him to upload it onto our fileworks account and give you a link.

-KiLLYOU-

Sep 4, 2004
only thing i would ask about this mod thing is that it be written some where so people do know (well if they read the readme)

ProjectX

Jan 9, 2004
Right behind you.
-KiLLYOU- said:
only thing i would ask about this mod thing is that it be written some where so people do know (well if they read the readme)

It is in the readme, and the online manual

Ravu al Hemio

Comes, fixes, leaves.
Sep 1, 2004
Austria
ProjectX said:
Well so far the highest-voted image is this:
[big pic]
But you'll have to PM ultranewbie for the bmp version and get him to upload it onto our fileworks account and give you a link.
Will do ;) ... If I count as a team member then, that is. Maybe "UI Designer" :)

ProjectX

Jan 9, 2004
Right behind you.
Ravu al Hemio said:
Will do ;) ... If I count as a team member then, that is. Maybe "UI Designer" :)

I really have no-where near the power to give you that title, Shrimp's the man with the vision so you'd have to propose your idea to him.

Ravu al Hemio

Comes, fixes, leaves.
Sep 1, 2004
Austria
-KiLLYOU- said:
yep ur right i just didnt look down far enough thx for all your help peoples :clap: :D
You're welcome! Have a nice big lot of fun with UnWheel!

ProjectX said:
I really have no-where near the power to give you that title, Shrimp's the man with the vision so you'd have to propose your idea to him.
Will do... after I impress him with some screenshots ;)

I already have a prototype menu with a background I created for testing in 30 seconds with the GIMP, and also added the menu items in the UnWheel HUD font.

I hope UltraNew-B will come up with his file ASAP. I am already eager to continue ;)

Prototype menu screenshot attached. (I know, nothing special.... yet.)

Attachments

• FirstPrototype.jpg
    FirstPrototype.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 21

ProjectX

Jan 9, 2004
Right behind you.
That looks very cool! Keep up the good work

as far as I know the showroom will act a lot like the weapon database in the settings menu of UT2004. You'll be able to see the vehicles, maybe with a drop down box for viewing the different skins as well and a nice description of the car, maybe including things like Bhp and max speed.

Last edited:

Ravu al Hemio

Comes, fixes, leaves.
Sep 1, 2004
Austria
Shrimp said:
That's all very nice, but don't be too shocked if it's not used in UnWheel...

No big deal... you are the boss ;)

If you want to change something, just go make the change. I will upload the packages ASAP... once I make a prototype of the Showroom menu. Expect updates soon (after repetetive testing)!

*goes looking at the Weapon Database one more time*

EDIT: Wuzzah! I've got a prototype, but I will still play around with it and fine-tune everything... after I have a good night's sleep... It's 10:44 PM over here...

Last edited:

Ravu al Hemio

Comes, fixes, leaves.
Sep 1, 2004
Austria
(Sorry for double-posting)

Okay, here goes the newest prototype of the Showroom.

Under "Detailed View", I have built in a menu where you can rotate, zoom and move the camera around the car, inspecting it from every angle. (It might be eradicated later, I'm not sure yet.)

The screenshot shows a SmarMobile in preview; I have already added a small biography about some of the vehicles. The left-bottom list box contains the list of skins which you can choose from. The unused space under the big vehicle name shall be used as a parameter display (Max speed, acceleration, weight, etc.) after I will be able to reasonably convert the SVehicle parameters into meaningful real-world metric system data (sorry, miles and ounces, I will go for (kilo-)metres and (kilo-)grams...).

Attachments

• ShowcaseMenu.jpg
    ShowcaseMenu.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 22

J3110

Flack jumper
Aug 27, 2004
Isn't UnWheel more than just "a racing modification for UT2004"?
I mean, with CTF, Rabbit, KOTH etc etc...I guess you could say that it's a points race in those other game modes, huh...nevermind.

Ravu al Hemio

Comes, fixes, leaves.
Sep 1, 2004
Austria
UltraNew-B said:
Ya, the background needs to be redone, for reasons other than the "racing" as well. :)
Aaah, I get it now.

Once you guys decide on a background picture for the menus, could you pls send it to me ASAP? I would like to tweak the menus into their (supposedly) final look.

Thanks in advance!

In the meantime, let me post some samples of encyclopaediac data about the UnWheel vehicles. You can add your own or change existing ones if you like.

POSCar:
Name: Fort Eschord
Manufacturer: Fort Engine Company
Years have gone by since this car was last used. When a group of curious teenagers found it after an attack at its city of origin, it already was coated with rust and it was a wonder when the engine even started. It was integrated into the race later the year it was found, with a new engine.
HumBug:
Name: Humbug GY
Manufacturer: Humbug Vehicle Corporation
Because this offroad vehicle was very popular with high army officials as a combat transportation vehicle, its official paint designs are limited to camouflage patterns. This subtle fact evolved into a common prank of a HumBug driver moving his vehicle up behind an innocent racer and turning on the headlights.
(You can read the SmarMobile one if you look at the latest screenshot ;) )

Last edited: