1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Help with ST DS9 The Fallen

Discussion in 'Games' started by xg125, Oct 7, 2012.

1. xg125

xg125 New Member

Hello

I'm new to the unreal engine and I have bought Star Trek DS9 The Fallen, which runs on the unreal engine.

I want to modify some textures contained in a .u file called PLYR.u without using UnrealEd, because some of the ActiveX controls for the tool are not compatible with Windows 7, therefore the program does not work.

However, I have succeeded in viewing and extracting the textures as bitmaps using 'UT Package Tool' but I cannot recompile then using this software.

Any help will be appreciated.

p.s: I think this maybe the wrong part of the forum, so this thread can be moved if necessary.

2. dr.flay

dr.flay Dr.Flay™

You didn't state what version of Unreal or UEd you are using.
    It seems it uses Unreal 1.5. So the editor will be a v2 variation.

You can only build texture-packs in UEd, so you need a plan-B.
    No idea why your UEd is using ActiveX. Maybe you just don't have MS common controls update installed.

I often use the editor in UT2K4 to make my texture-packs for UT99. If you have 2K4 try it.
    Otherwise you can get Medor's repackaged UT99 or the Unreal Editor 2.1: Extended Standalone Edition (which work fine in Win7).
    http://my.opera.com/Unreal-Tournament/blog/editing-resources
    Other UT99 system files can be transplanted, so you can for example update the video and sound renderers.
    http://my.opera.com/Unreal-Tournament/blog/unreal-tournament

3. xg125

xg125 New Member

Basically the ActiveX control needed for UnrealEd is a file called threed32.ocx, which is not compatible with 64-bit Windows 7.

I will try the repackaged UnrealEd 2.1, and if that fails I'll try UT 2004.

Thanks very much for the help!

4. bainbryanp

bainbryanp New Member

I will try the repackaged UnrealEd 2.1

5. xg125

xg125 New Member

Hello

I'm now having a problem where UnrealEd is not loading the package in the browser.

With UnrealEd 2.1 I get a blank browser tree, and with UT2004 I get this message:

Build UT2004_Build_[2005-11-23_16.22]

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 2700 MHz with 4095MB RAM
    Video: AMD Radeon HD 6570 (1140)

Bad expr token 3a

History: SerializeExpr <- (3A) <- SerializeExpr <- (9A) <- SerializeExpr <- (07) <- UStruct::Serialize <- (Function PLYR.CIN_Player.PostBeginPlay) <- UFunction::Serialize <- LoadObject <- (Function PLYR.CIN_Player.PostBeginPlay 17642==17642/4302800 17610 64) <- ULinkerLoad::preload <- LinkProperties <- UStruct::Link <- UState::Link <- UClass::Link <- UStruct::Serialize <- (Class PLYR.CIN_Player) <- UState::Serialize <- UClass::Serialize <- (Class PLYR.CIN_Player) <- LoadObject <- (Class PLYR.CIN_Player 17642==17642/4302800 10687 179) <- ULinkerLoad::preload <- PreLoadObjects <- UObject::EndLoad <- UObject::LoadPackage <- UEditorEngine::Exec_Class <- UEditorEngine::Exec <- (CLASS LOAD FILE="C:\Program Files\DS9TheFallen\system\PLYR.u") <- UUnrealEdEngine::Exec <- WBrowserActor::OnCommand <- WWindow::WndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- MessagePump <- MainLoop