1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Help with ServerBots

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by [PSI]Chuck, Oct 22, 2008.

1. [PSI]Chuck

[PSI]Chuck New Member

Hello everyone-

My server is running wonderfully, and my latest addition has been Proasm's serverbots. I have it installed, and it works great with all of the gametypes except for Freeze Tag. I decompiled the ServerBots .u file, but I was unable to find anything helpful. What happens is this- the bots load just fine with the names, skills, and skins I've picked, but when they are shot they die rather than getting frozen.

They can freeze us, we can't freeze them, they can't freeze eachother. Plus, they don't seem to know how to thaw teammates either once frozen, whereas regular bots seem to know.

The version of FT I'm running is {ESC} and can be supplied if necessary.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
    Chuck

2. ProAsm

ProAsm Active Member

Serverbots was never intended to work with other games that control bots.
    Serverbots started off originally as a 'gag' and ended up as one of the most popular mutators we had done.
    The problem is the bot code does not lend it self to be shared like player code does hence the reason normal bots can be controlled by freeze tag (or any other custom game) and serverbots cannot.

3. [PSI]Chuck

[PSI]Chuck New Member

It's funny that you say that, because two of our rival servers are running serverbots (albeit somewhat modified) and they freeze as well as thaw just like standard bots. One of the admins is unwilling to share his fix, and I'm having trouble reaching the other.

4. ProAsm

ProAsm Active Member

The only way you can get Serverbots to act a little like noraml bots is to set BotsLeave=True.
    This surrenders some of the functions back to UT2004.

5. [PSI]Chuck

[PSI]Chuck New Member

I was able to get in touch with the other admin. Seems he created a mutator on a mutator, lol. All is well.

Thanks anyway,
    Chuck