UE3 - UT3 Help with compileing script, workflow.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Oakwind

May 18, 2004
Currently I'm going through alot of trouble to compile my script files that have referances to custom packages. I use the src folder. Here is my current workflow(folders written shorthand for ease of reading):

1. write script.
2. copy custom non-script package from: src/mod folder to: program files/ut3/cookedpc/textures
3. compile
4. deleate file created in step 2
5. copy same file to: my games/utgame/unpublished

I've found by trial and error that I can't compile unless I have a copy of the non-script packages in the program files folder. Then if I don't delete them and make a copy in the unpublished folder, I'll get errors trying to run the game.

Is this what everyone else is doing?

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
While developing, all mod packages should be in /Unpublished. You will need to specify -useunpublished for compiling as well then, but at least everything is in one place. None of your own packages should actually be in the UT3 install directory and as long as you don't want to create your release ZIP you should stay in Unpublished.

Oakwind

May 18, 2004
I wrote a little tutorial that might help.

Can you update that to include non-script packages?

So the script goes in src/<modname>/script, and the packages go in /unpublished/cookedpc/textures? And I have to compile with make -useunpublished ?

It works, I would rather have my textures in the same package folder as my scripts, but if thats how I have to do it...

Last edited: