Help!!! UT3 registry keys deleted! How to restore them?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Morpheus-2396

beyond Good and Evil
Dec 31, 2008
Niedersachsen, Germany
Hi there,

I tried to uninstall UT3 with the "Windows Installer CleanUp Tool" - it didn't work. So I tried it with Start -> Control Panel -> Software -> Remove UT3" but then there was an error:

"1628: Failed to complete installation"

In the EpicGames-Forums they say, you have to delete all UT3 registry entries in Windows registry. Ok, so I went to Windows registry and searched in HKEY-LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE and I did not find even only one UT3 key/entry! And I went to HKEY-LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> Classes and searched the ".ut3" filetype but that did not exist, too!

So, I ask myself why the 1628-error occurs when there are no registry entries of UT3 :confused: ??? Obviously, the Windows Installer CleanUp Tool deleted the UT3 registry keys, but not the game itself!

Whatever, fact is, I can't uninstall UT3 or restore the UT3 registry keys and so I'm crippled!:mad:

And I cannot use the "system restore"-function, because I downloaded several files today (or more precisely: yesterday) and restoring Windows in an earlier time (June 17, June 16 etc.) would delete these files - that's no option!

Can you tell me, what I need to do, to COMPLETELY uninstall UT3? And I would like to know, why the 1628-problem occurs, when there are no UT3 registry keys (because in the EpicForums they say, there must not UT3 registry keys exist (which means, they need to be DELETED!) if you want to solve the 1628-problem - that's confusing!).

Thx, M2396

Nov 4, 2001
The Kitchen
Delete the UT3 folder from where you installed it as well as the UT3 folder in \My Games\ and reinstall from scratch? If you have no registry entries, just delete all the UT3 folders and reinstall and you should be good.