1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Help, UT Runs at abnormal speeds!

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Sabbat_Lord, Mar 5, 2002.

1. Sabbat_Lord

Sabbat_Lord Ihsahn.

When i run unreal tournament, the game moves at approximatley twice the rate at which it should. If i bump the game speed down to 50%, it is about right. THis is all fine and dandy for single player, but when i play online, the game moves fast for a second, then jerks around while it "catches up" (i guess "catches down" would be a better term). I have a GeForce2, but the problem existed before i got it. Has anybody else experienced such a problem? any advice would be welcome

2. cdeaconu

cdeaconu waiting for the worms

hmm...

Perhaps it's stuck on slomo 2.

Type slomo 1 in the console, see what happens.

3. OO7MIKE

OO7MIKE Mr. Sexy

I will assume that you play on hardcore and not on Turbo.

As far as online play im guessing that you mean that you run around very fast. Shoot rockets faster than anyone else?
    This shouldnt be because all players that join a server have to play at the same speed that everyone else is.

High fps can cause the game speed to be higher than it really is. But we are talking well above 300fps for a noticable change.

4. Sabbat_Lord

Sabbat_Lord Ihsahn.

I am playing hardcore, not turbo. When i go to the Game option under Preferences, it says the games speed is at 100%. i'll try using slomo 1 but i highly doubt that will solve the problem. My fps aren't dreadfully high (about 20). I run the game at 800x600 on my 32mb GeForce2. I installed the lastest driver, and although it increased my fps, it did not solve this speed issue.

5. StoneViper

StoneViper you can call me Mike

slow your gpu down. my friend had this problem, and it fixed it.

6. Sabbat_Lord

Sabbat_Lord Ihsahn.

ok, how do i go about doing that?

7. StoneViper

StoneViper you can call me Mike

i've never done it before, so i really don't know how, sorry man

8. -Penfold-

-Penfold- New Member

20 Frames per second on a GeForce2? Is it an MX? How fast is your CPU? Are you running it in D3D or something else?

9. Sabbat_Lord

Sabbat_Lord Ihsahn.

"My CPU is a Neural-Net processor... a learning computer."

Sorry i couldn't resist quoting Arnold there. My cpu is a measly 400 mhz, and i believe that my GeForce2 is a GeForce2 MX 100/200

10. -Penfold-

-Penfold- New Member

Well, from what I've read, only high framerates speed the game up. Haven't heard of low framerates doing it. Are you using Direct3D?

So I don't know how to solve the problem (don't see a reason to slow your GPU down if you're playing at 20fps). But I'd suggest checking out 3DSpotlight's Unreal Tournament Tweak Guide for info on how to get your framerate up. At least you can acheive higher framerates for single player, if nothing else. Did you enter Slomo 1 (+enter) into the console window (~ key)?

Oh, and have you seen the Special Editon T2? Why they shortened the garage scene is beyond me, those few extra minutes added a lot more meaning to the movie.

11. tdwkillgasm

tdwkillgasm [[Iillegal userR]]]

yea, ive had this problem a few times. but it just went away after a while, i had 2 set the speed 2 50% 4 a while like u :p