HELP!!! somewhat of a newbie question

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

KennyLives

Masterful You readit once!
Jan 31, 2001
NY
www.PlanetUnreal.com
I've searched the forums and I can't seem to find any examples or tuts with bHideWeapon in them... or bHidden.

destroy would create too much lagg because there'll be a lot of these items in a given map

basically I'm trying to hide a weapon mesh when it fires the projectile, like throwing a ball...

you throw a projectile and and the weapon needs to hide until the pawn catches it again... I've tried it a hundred ways and they've all compiled without error but it still doesn't work!

Captain Kewl

I know kewl.
Feb 13, 2001
IN YOUR HOUSE
Visit site
Probably because first person meshes don't directly answer to display calls. Maybe try messing around with PlayerViewOffset and PlayerViewScale to rescale or reposition the mesh so that it's smaller and drawn offscreen?

KennyLives

Masterful You readit once!
Jan 31, 2001
NY
www.PlanetUnreal.com
Oh no I mean...

I need to hide the 'world view' of the weapon once the
projectile has been fired.. so other players see that
the instigator has empty hands

The fist person view is ok...

aspie

It's all good baby.
Feb 24, 2001
Australia
Could you see the weapon mesh to none in the fire function and then reset it in the pickup function.