1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

help plz

Discussion in 'Hardware, Software & Troubleshooting' started by Esse76, Dec 8, 1999.

1. Esse76

Esse76 New Member

Does anyone know the config command line to alter the lighting or brightness..ive attempted to do so by uping the brightness bar in the ut options however this isnt enough it's too dark to play....i know in q3 the command is r_intensity "x"..so can someone help me /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

2. Cpt.Pike

Cpt.Pike New Member

this probably isn't what your looking for but in the console you can type
    " brightness " (without the quotes). this should allow you to cycle thru the values
    1-10. I believe the default is 7. Every time you type brightness it will raise up 1 point. After 10 it goes back to 1 and the screen turns black. just keep typing it and the screen will slowly fade in.....

3. Cpt.Pike

Cpt.Pike New Member

one more thing....
    to speed this up you can bind a key to brightness..
    example: set input <keyname> <binding>

example: set input x brightness

now the x key toggles the brightness

4. Esse76

Esse76 New Member

ya i tried that but that doesnt seem to be enough... im looking for a specific console command...something that would decrease the shadows