1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

HELP! Please

Discussion in 'Jailbreak Support' started by AcydBurn, Apr 1, 2005.

1. AcydBurn

AcydBurn New Member

Haven't been around for a while, so Hello to everyone in the community. I have a map that I converted from a CTF that is pretty good, I think. I can play it on my puter but when it was uploaded to my clans server, it crashed. Haven't been able to figure out why. Can I get one of you expert mappers to take a look at it and help me out with this. The map is WarehouseDistrict. I would appreciate any help you could give me. Thanks.

2. Mychaeel

Mychaeel New Member

Does the server log say anything interesting at the end?

3. AcydBurn

AcydBurn New Member

I don't know. I will have to ask the server admin to run the map again and give me a copy of the log message.

4. CoolDude

CoolDude New Member

I've got it here, only played InstantAction so far.
    I will start up a dedicated server later and see if this gives any problems or errors in the log-file.

5. AcydBurn

AcydBurn New Member

Hi CoolDude,

You must have played on my clan's server because I never put it on any of the sites for general download. If you have that one, you should have a few of the others, ie, KnightHawk, Atlantis, Liandri Warehouse and Utronic. If you do and you have played them, can I get some feedback on them. It would be greatly appreciated. There are a couple of other maps that I worked on but they have problems that were created by the original author and I didn't discover them until I was finish converting the maps and was checking the bot play. Again, thanks Cool One.

6. CoolDude

CoolDude New Member

Yeah, I once did a server sweep and looked for "unknown" Jailbreak maps. Some of them I quiete like, but I think all of them have some points which can (or must) be improved/finished.

Just be patience, I'm preparing some stuff for the JELP at the moment ;)

7. AcydBurn

AcydBurn New Member

Thanks Cool. Not a problem. Always at your convenience because it is your time you are giving and I appreciate that. I will watch for a post or you can email me directly if you prefer.

8. CoolDude

CoolDude New Member

O well, I knew I had a Warehouse somewhere. ;)
    It seems I've got JB-Liandri-Warehouse2k4-Logo, not JB-WarehouseDistrict.
    If you want me to take a look, please send it to cooldudes1999@yahoo.com

9. AcydBurn

AcydBurn New Member

Hi Dude,

Tried sending the map to you but had problems. First time it said you were not a member. LOL. Second time it said the file was to big. O-Kay.

If you give me a day, I will have my personal server open and you can dl the maps directly from my computer. How is that for a solution? I will email you my IP and a password. Gee, hope the files not to big. ;-). Just teasing! Thanks Cool One.

10. CoolDude

CoolDude New Member

Strange, it's a 250MB Yahoo mailbox with 230 MB free space. I never had any problems before with it. But anyways, I wait for your PM then.

11. AcydBurn

AcydBurn New Member

Well, I have to assume that there is a limit on the file size that can be uploaded to your mailbox. The file is 14 mb zipped.

I sent you two emails with the info. All I need is the day you want to access the server as I do not leave the server running all the time. Thanks again.

12. AcydBurn

AcydBurn New Member

Cool, you forget to upload Utronic to me. Servers still up. thanks

13. CoolDude

CoolDude New Member

OK, an update on this JB-WarehouseDistrict problem.

A couple of weeks ago I set up a server running JB-WarehouseDistrict at home, and when clients (and AcidBurn) connected to it I noticed the strangest situation: The clients did not really connect to the server, but started of their own game in the same map !?!?!?! :eek: The server and client logs did not help much. But with me it did not crash the server btw. I gave AcidBurn a helping hand in the mean time.

Yesterday I saw a new version of WarehouseDistrict on the XSX server. It still had the crashing server problem, as soon as I connected.
    Today I finaly found some time to look into this a bit further. I first thought it maybe had something to do with the size of the map (55MB, stuffed with custom textures and meshes, the biggest map in my maplist so far), so I downloaded the NeoNautica's original DOM-WarehouseDistrict. The original map had the same problem: Online playing of this map resulted into clients playing their own game too.:hmm: After deleting some static meshes bringing the filesize down to 35MB, the result stayed to same.

But then, I normally don't give up that easily. ;)
    I still don't know what causes it, but I found a solution.
    So AcidBurn, here we go:

1) Open WarehouseDistrict in UED, select everything and select copy.
    2) Close WarehouseDistrict, open a new map and select paste.
    3) Now rebuild the complete map.

This map will work correctly in a networkgame. :)

4) In the process the LevelInfo (screenshot, level description, author info, etc.) will be lost. So you have to set up that again by looking at the original map.
    5) Also when playing you will see some (new) doors, which in my opinion were not there in the original map. You have to look into that.

I hope this helps.

14. Silas Mercury

Silas Mercury Member

Well, that takes the cake for being the weirdest bug I've ever heard of, along with one of the strangest solutions. Cool though that it works.