1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Help please, UT3 not working

Discussion in 'Unreal Tournament 3' started by SuicideUZI, Mar 28, 2008.

1. SuicideUZI

SuicideUZI New Member

I built a new system this week and bought UT3 today and cant get it to work. I can get to the menu, change settings etc. but when i try to join a game thru campaign or instant action or whatever it will start to load and then just crash and close down. I updated the game with the 2nd patch right after installing it. I am running windows vista ultimate 64-bit with SP1, and I will post my system specs below. Any help would be appreciated.

A couple other questions

Is there any way to get to the real advanced video settings such as being able to turn off bloom etc., I tried the demo a few months ago on a differnet computer and do not like the look of bloom.

What is the recommended FOV for a WS monitor at 1680x1050?

System Specs:
    Core 2 Duo E8400 over-clocked to 3.6Ghz
    ATI Radeon 3870 X2 with latest Catalyst 8.3 drivers
    Asus Rampage Formula x48 motherboard
    4GB Crucial Ballistix DDR2 800
    150GB WD Raptor HDD
    1TB WD HDD
    Corsair CMPSU-620HX PSU

2. SuicideUZI

SuicideUZI New Member

I found out that having the world/character detail set to 5 is what is causing it to crash, if i put them both on 4 it runs. Does anyone know why this would be?

Isnt there supposed to be a way to enable AA if you are using DirectX 10?

3. awaw

awaw I didn't survive the '08 BUF crash

4. SuicideUZI

SuicideUZI New Member

Thanks I will try that program out, looks like I need to un-install it to downgrade to 1.1 patch

5. Dark Pulse

Dark Pulse Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.

There's no need to downgrade to a patch to use it...