Help On HUD

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Brood_of_Evil

Selene's martyr
Nov 3, 2001
Look outside your window!
Visit site
Hi, I have a few question regarding using a new HUD in a mutator. I've read a few tutorials on HUD's but most of them indicate that the best way to use the new hud, is by making a new game type. But I don't really need to make a new game type. I've used the PostRender function in the mutator subclass of my package, but I don't really know how to make if work. Please if someone out there have any experience with HUD's and know how to run them from a mutator (NOT GAMETYPE) I would be thankful if you can clear this doubt I have, thanks.

eXoR

Lead coder
Oct 22, 2001
Holland
exorcist.gamepoint.net
Hey,

Assuming your PostRender function in your mutator function is properly set up, this Tick function will make it work:

Function Tick(float DeltaTime)
{
if (!bHUDMutator)
RegisterHUDMutator();
}

Or, if you already have a function Tick, just add the if Statement + function call. If you want to make really clean and fast code, and don’t have a function Tick yet, you could disable Tick when your HUD mutator is registered, by adding this:

else
Disable(‘Tick’);

under the RegisterHUDMutator call.

By the way, to clear things up: you really DON’T need a gametype to add things to the HUD. If you want a totally new HUD, so you don’t want the normal things (ammo, weapons, frags) drawn on the HUD, yes then you need a gametype. Another thing you need a gametype for is to make a new scoreboard.

Hope this helps you,

eXoR.