1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Help - no vibration rumble UT3 + Xbox 360 PC controller?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Software & Troubleshooting' started by Optical10, Aug 14, 2009.

1. Optical10

Optical10 New Member

..........with the Xbox 360 wired/wireless controller, with Win XP or Vista 64-bit with patch #5 and the above recommended UTGame.ini edits?

With the above-mentioned edits I do now see in game input menu options for gamepad and a slider level option for the amount of force feedback or should I say vibration from the new X input Vista version of the old DirectX input driver code in Windows Vista. But I get no response in game!

I'm getting full vibration support with other unreal tournament three engine games like Miller's Edge, BioShock & Batman Arkham Asylum Demo PC version, so why not in the original game?

Any help appreciated :)

2. Bi()ha2arD

Bi()ha2arD Toxic!

3. Optical10

Optical10 New Member

thanks to your suggestion but it seems that the XBCD drivers currently don't function with the Xbox 360 wireless controller.

Also I wanted to check whether the XBCD drivers support rumble/vibration on the Xbox 360 wired controller on supported games?

Cheers

4. Bi()ha2arD

Bi()ha2arD Toxic!

oh. wireless controller. dunno bout that one, i got the wired one.

the driver supports force feedback. there is a tab in the driver config thinge to adjust it. force feedback worked when i played tomb raider. havent tried it with ut3 before but it should work.

5. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

How is xbcd better? Does it mess up anything with standard 360 connectivity? AKA, will games that support the controller still recognize it as a 360 controller?

6. Jackal

Jackal Crapass

[​IMG]

7. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

Epic pic.

Miller's Edge! :lol:

8. Bi()ha2arD

Bi()ha2arD Toxic!

allows for custom button mapping with multiple profiles and a lot of other settings.

9. Optical10

Optical10 New Member

LOL, I didn't even recognise that spelling mistake. That's what you get there using Dragon NaturallySpeaking 10 speech recognition, especially in the Opera browser, it's much better in the woeful Explorer 8 some reason!

10. Optical10

Optical10 New Member

LOL, it would be so funny to play mirrors edge with an in game inebriated option for the main character, a sort of handicap when you complete the game in hard mode?