Help - Mod Tutorial needed

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

evaderdjo

Nov 17, 2003
Hello. I am completely new to the Mod development process. I have been fooling around with the old UT engine making short films, but now I have the bug to create my own game using UT2003. I have enough experience to import models, textures and build maps. What I lack is the know-how to create an actual game, so I am looking for some kind of tutorial.

These are the kinds of things I am looking for.
1) Is there a way to have my game to fire up from a shortcut, using the UT2003 engine, but not go through the opening movie or standard game selection menus? Can I have my own art display as the opening?

2) Is there a way that I can assign a specific number of monsters to a level? If so, can I assign specific monsters, not just random ones? I'm thinking that every time you launch this level you have to fight monster A, monster B and monster C, but never any others.

Does anyone know of a good tutorial for a complete beginner?
Thanks

evaderdjo

Nov 17, 2003
I had seen some of that info, but it was kind of vague and general. I was hoping to get some specifics. I guess my best bet is to download a mod and tear it apart from the inside to see what makes it tick.

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
Most mods say you can learn from the code but you can't blatantly steal it. Just don't do that and everything is fine. :)