1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Help me please! :)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Spark3D, Aug 6, 2004.

1. Spark3D

Spark3D New Member

hi.
    i've been trying to make a simple racing game with the runtime so i have downloaded the karmacars script from the UDN. i unzip it. so i now i have in my runtime directory (c:\unrealengine2runtime) a new folder (udncars), inside there i have another folder (classes). i now add to the ini file editpackage=udncars. i then run from the command prompt ucc make. all goes fine until this:

what am i doing wrong?

2. [SAS]Solid Snake

[SAS]Solid Snake New Member

I am sure this has something to do with it.

3. Spark3D

Spark3D New Member

i know. the only thing is that this content is from the public section of the udn site.

4. [SAS]Solid Snake

[SAS]Solid Snake New Member

There is such a thing as a 'free' version vs. the 'commercial' version for UE2.0. The UDN is public for both, but it doesn't mean that all the content is free to use. Also you don't want to bother with KVehicles for a car game. Use SVehicles.

5. Spark3D

Spark3D New Member

thanks for your help. i'll use svehicles instead :)

6. BinarySystem

BinarySystem Banned

That's wierd. How could the compiler possibly know the difference between something "commercial" and something you wrote yourself??

7. Spark3D

Spark3D New Member

i think it is detecting bulldog.usx (which is included and referenced from the script) as commercial.