Help - MapVote303 not working

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SCAMuel

Jul 3, 2003
Running MapVote on a dedicated Win2000 server. Says mapvote is loaded and running when check mutators via UT client, Remote Web Admin, and in server log but MapVote does not come up.
When connect to server I go straight into the game, no windows for configuring mapvote key, no download of necessary files - nothing.
I copied the int and u files to my system folder, added the serverpackages line, added it to my mutator list in both the unrealtournament.ini and to the batch file I use to start a dedicated server. Also, the bdbmapvote... section is not being created in the ini. I have started and stopped the server countless times and the section is not being created.

Here are the pertinent sections from my UnrealTournament.ini and the command line I am using to start a dedicated server. Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated. I am at my wits end.

[Engine.GameEngine]
CacheSizeMegs=4
UseSound=True
ServerActors=IpDrv.UdpBeacon
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerQuery
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=unreal.epicgames.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master0.gamespy.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.mplayer.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=UWeb.WebServer
ServerPackages=SoldierSkins
ServerPackages=CommandoSkins
ServerPackages=FCommandoSkins
ServerPackages=SGirlSkins
ServerPackages=BossSkins
ServerPackages=Botpack
ServerPackages=MultiMesh
ServerPackages=Relics
ServerPackages=EpicCustomModels
ServerPackages=TCowMeshSkins
ServerPackages=TNaliMeshSkins
ServerPackages=De
ServerPackages=SkeletalChars
ServerPackages=Excessive
;ServerPackages=SoldierSkins_Irnb
;ServerPackages=Jason
;ServerPackages=SuperMale
;ServerPackages=SoldierSkins_PD
ServerPackages=SoldierSkins_SP
ServerPackages=BDBMapVote303
ServerPackages=QAnnouncer

[Botpack.DeathMatchPlus]
bNoviceMode=True
bHardCoreMode=True
bUseTranslocator=True
bCoopWeaponMode=False
MinPlayers=6
AirControl=0.350000
FragLimit=30
TimeLimit=15
bChangeLevels=True
bMegaSpeed=False
bAltScoring=False
bMultiWeaponStay=True
bForceRespawn=False
bTournament=False
NetWait=10
RestartWait=15
MaxCommanders=0
InitialBots=4
bNoMonsters=False
bHumansOnly=False
bClassicDeathMessages=False

[UTMenu.UTStartGameCW]
Map=DM-Curse][.unr
GameType=BotPack.DeathMatchPlus
MutatorList=QAnnouncer.QAnnouncer,BDBMapVote303.BDBMapVote,Excessive.HitSound,BotPack.NoRedeemer,Relics.RelicDefense,Relics.RelicRedemption,Relics.RelicRegen,Relics.RelicSpeed,Relics.RelicStrength,Relics.RelicDeath
bKeepMutators=True

RunServer.bat...
@echo off
ucc server DM-Curse][?game=Botpack.DeathMatchPlus?mutator=BDBMapVote303.BDBMapVote,QAnnouncer.QAnnouncer,Excessive.HitSound,BotPack.NoRedeemer,Relics.RelicDefense,Relics.RelicRedemption,Relics.RelicRegen,Relics.RelicSpeed,Relics.RelicStrength,Relics.RelicDeath log=server.log
copy server.log servercrash.log

Sexmachine

- retired -
Feb 5, 2002
Germany
www.planetjailbreak.com
Try entering MUTATE BDBMAPVOTE VOTEMENU at the console (when connected as a client) to see if the votemenu shows up.

If nothing happens, try moving ServerPackages=BDBMapVote303 to the top of the list (right behind the ServerActors).

SCAMuel

Jul 3, 2003
Thanks for the input but...

My mistake it is working fine now. I hadn't realized that the client pc I was playing from already had map vote on it from a previous server I had played on - so when I connected nothing happened. Also, you have to finish a game for map vote to come up the first time. Then the entries are entered into the unrealtournament.ini.
Simply put everything is working correctly and as advertised.

Thanks

fallen85m

Jul 9, 2003
hmmm... ive gotta same problem... but i have a different system...

i have my dedicated ut server ver. 436 running on a mandrake linux 9.0 system. its running perfect, but bdbmapvote doesnt work. neither the welcome screen nor the voting at the end of the round...

the mutator is loaded and the serverpackages line is in my .ini too (the first serverpackages entry)

that should work... my client says that the mutator is used, but doesnt download anything (its a fresh ut install), no screens, showing up etc... mutate bdbmapvote votemenu doesnt work either...

can u help me???

fallen85m

Jul 9, 2003
... now it works... i dunno why but i think ucc didnt re-read the ut.ini... (although is shut it down completely...) now i have
a new startup script and it works perfectly...
i like it, keep developing!

greetz fallen