1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

.:: Help - Invisible Walls ::.

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by synergy, May 6, 2001.

1. synergy

synergy {ThC}XiKo

i need to make an invisible wall. If you have played CTF-Thorns you will know what i mean.

When you throw a translocator up and it hits the wall, it goes through, and takes you to a little room with a redeemer in it. I am trying to do it on a map i am working on now, but have no clue. If someone can help me it would be greatly appriciated.

- {ThC}XiKo

2. Nevroticur

Nevroticur God Like Me!

Just subtract a hole and add a sheet infront of it...

3. ZodiaK

ZodiaK irresponsible walrus

i haven't played ctf-thorns and couldn't really make out what you meant from the explanation, but just adding an invisible collision hull should do the trick. add your regular brush from edit>add special... and select invisible collision hull from the drop down menu in the popup.

4. Slick_Willy

Slick_Willy Anyone Else Want Some?

Have you even tried loading up CTF-Thorns in the editor and looking at it? About 90% of simple questions like this can be answered just by looking at the map in question.

5. TaoPaiPai

TaoPaiPai Commisaire Van Loc

Instead of ' invisible wall' you should say 'illusionary wall', it's the opposite.
    Just use a sheet with a wall texture on it.

6. synergy

synergy {ThC}XiKo

this is my first map, i have no clue what to click. im starting off trying to remake a map, how would i slice a piece of a wall out and puta secret room?