Help!I´m a total newbie!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Amortax

Jul 15, 2005
I know most of u may not want to help me,but i want to make a map,and i got this realy cool idea,but I DON´T KNOW WHERE OR HOW TO START!!!:(
I mean,i don´t know nothing and this is my first time,but i can learn fast!
If anyone of you want to help this poor soul,plz reply!!!

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Reciprocity said:
Unreal Ed 3.0...?

He posted that on ask the rukee

Amortax said:
Hey Rukee I was going to open my UnrealEd 2.0 when it said I needed to re-install my Core.dll file...So I did it and still nothing...I don´t know what is wrong cuz I have the newest patch for UT (436) and I installed it and I even reinstalled my UT,so I don´t know what I need to do,right now I only want to throw off my PC and buy a new one.........

2.0 it is

MooMasterCowman

Cowmander In Cheif of the Cow Royal Army
Aug 14, 2005
I too want to start mapping, but I don't want to sift thru manuals for an hour or two. I have some experience in 3d using Maya 5.0 (I think that's the version I used), but have yet to try anything with UED. Is there anything important I should know before I jump in?

*note* see the cow with the AK? my work :) like it? made it with Maya. which, i might add, i no longer have access to. see, i was taking a comp anim class thru my highschool, but now the class is over (hey, it IS summer, after all). therefore--> no more anim software for me :(

Last edited:

danielgeurts

Rakiayn
Mar 23, 2005
holland
no, you can also NOT read tutorials
like I did at first, but i had no internet or anything so thats why
but if you read them, it will save you so much time
fugiring out a lot of stuff yourself takes a lot of time

so if you want to figure everything out yourself,go ahead, it just a waist of time if it takes you 4 years longer to be able to make a descent map

Last edited:

sandorski

Sep 22, 1999
coquitlam, bc, Canada
Visit site
MooMasterCowman said:
Is that my only choice?

Yes. Been learning UEd, Maya, and Photoshop for over a year and still haven't learned everything I need to know about in any of them. UEd by quite a bit has more to learn than Maya or Photoshop, at least for Map making/Game content is concerned.