UE2 - UT2kX Help: Critique my UT2004 CTF Map

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

novusvir

Aug 27, 2008
Hello fellow designers, I'm working on my capstone (final) project for Game Design School, which is a Unreal Tournament 2004 level, and I need some help. I'm focusing on gameplay, not looks, so I need some feedback on what people think about the layout of my level and possible improvements.

I created a level earlier, and I showed it off in another thread. Based on the comments I received, I went to another design I had, and I believe it turned out much better.
Please download the level if you are able, and if you are not, please look at the Images and comment on the layout.

>>> BridgerV3.ut2

BridgeScreen001.jpg

BridgeScreen002.jpg

BridgeScreen003.jpg

BridgeScreen004.jpg

BridgeScreen005.jpg

Thank you for any help you can give me.

M.A.D.X.W

Aug 24, 2008
It looks very like VCTF-Suspense from UT3, which i like. i'll download and see does it play the same.

M.A.D.X.W

Aug 24, 2008
ok, I played it, firstly its way to small. basically its a good layout but, the two flags are just a short straight run between each other so its two easy to score, and theres only one area were you can defend your flag from, the bridge should be longer with toweres for snipers maybe. or make the area with the flags more complicated inside so it isnt just a straight run, so the players have different routes available to them.