1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Helluva speeding ticket!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Zundfolge, Sep 22, 2004.

1. [UMC]Boron

[UMC]Boron UMC's Official Drunkard

On the topic of the high speed chase and its inherent dangers, here in MN tonight, there was one that of course ended in tragedy. I'm not sure who was all hurt but i'll post the article and link when it comes available on the local news sites.

2. 2_SeeK_U

2_SeeK_U uni.... meh...

No, its just common sense that, as you get older, the more knowladgeable you become. Don't take it as a direct attack at your intelligence.

Do l get the $5?

3. novak

novak New Member

What the f*ck is this guy going on about?

4. Hadmar

Hadmar Queen Bitch of the Universe

The world would have a lot less problems if we had more people like Geno around. I suggest you stop posting till your hangover is gone, apologize and be done with it.

5. The_Pikeman

The_Pikeman Also known as Howski

NO the more important question is exactly how far would you roll if you came off .... and what the hell would be left ;)
    -How.

6. Freon

Freon Braaaaiinss...

Some dude was arrested after going at 245 km/h on a motorway where I live. Not as fast, but pretty fast nonetheless ;)

7. [UMC]Boron

source: http://www.kstp.com/article/stories/S2785.html?cat=1

I just thought this was somewhat ironic after what 5eleven said.

8. Sardaukar

Sardaukar New Member

IIRC Kilometers are like lira, so that's about 3 mph :lol:

9. Freon

Freon Braaaaiinss...

10. GenoOfTheCrayon

GenoOfTheCrayon l33t 14 year old with an iron sight RC50

Don't mind him, Freon. He was just adding the usual "Haw-haw! My country's measurements are bigger!" comment.

11. [UMC]Boron

haha ****, awesome sig geno!

12. (SDS)benmcl

(SDS)benmcl Why not visit us here in the real world.

13. JaFO

JaFO bugs are features too ...

So he got fined based on a mere stopwatch used to calculate the suspected speed ?
    Doesn't anyone else find that a little lightweight and inefficient ?

btw :
    Discovery Channel mentioned that in Germany the (stationary) speedcameras not only take photographs of the vehicle/license-plate. The software used to process also tries to locate the drivers face ...

14. The_Fur

The_Fur Back in black

Not as much the face as the chest+face because they'll write you a ticket for not wearing your seatbelt as well if it shows on the picture. That being said because of that they will shoot from the front which means... No speed limit for motorcycles MUHUHAHAHA!!!

15. Crowze

Crowze Bird Brain

Even if it is an inaccurate method, I don't think there's much doubt he's speeding if it comes up with over 200mph.

16. Crazy_Ivan

Crazy_Ivan KAR whore

someone calculated that you could give the driver behind you a ticket if you drove a Murcielago/McLaren F1 to about the max speed these can.

17. Crowze

Crowze Bird Brain

You can fool most traffic cameras if you go over (IIRC) 169mph. Not reccommended, though, since you still won't fool the people up above, watching you...

18. MP_Lord_Kee

MP_Lord_Kee New Member

You can "fool" the traffic cameras over here if you cross over to the other lane, i.e ongoing traffics lane. I used to do that quite a few times when no traffic was coming against you.

//Kee

19. Kavlax

Kavlax New Member

205 on that bike my ass...

I saw this a while back, here: http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/showthread.php?t=10677&page=5&pp=15

>> from SBN forum

All right, I was the one who got the ticket and it is time to clear some things up. For one, I was riding a 2003 Honda RC51, "heavily modified" with 2 Brothers slip on pipes and, well thats all the mods I have unless you count the "I stop for wh***s" sticker. Next, the bike wasn't impounded, it was towed so it wouldn't be in the roadway. Ok, on to the tickets. 205...uh no. I am personal friends with the owner of "Hitman Motorsports" and tonight, Sept. 22, we did a top speed run on his dyno, in 6th gear, and maxed nearly 60mph slower than I was arrested for. The "no motorcycle endorsement" is because my licence was expired, I do have a motorcycle endoresement for all you people digging into me about that. The stop watch method may be accurate at times, but this is un-conceivable for my motorcycle to approach 205. Honda's RC211v, which is Honda's MotoGP race bike, 5 cyclinders and 268 horespower, just broke 200mph on the track within the last week. And we are talking about a 1/2 to 3/4 million dollar bike. And for you gear-heads, I had on Joe Rocket Boots, Shoei helmet, Leather gloves, Ballistic coat, and leather bottoms. Also, both of us were arrested, and no, the slower one did not get a warning, he was ticketed for 111mph on a F4i. I hope this clears things up for everybody, I am just sick of everyone saying things about what they dont know, making me look like this horrific person. People speed, and if anyone knows anything about the "Flood Run" (which was the ride I was on, which by the way benefits the Gillettes Children Fund) I would be a hell of a lot more concerned about the 7,000 bar-hopping motorcyclist out on the road. 99% of the people you hear things from are misinformed. If you have questions, I will answer them. And one last note, this is information you don't know, the pilot who clocked me, was clocking me, the F4i, and flying his plane at 110mph all at the same time. Think about that for a second.

20. JaFO

JaFO bugs are features too ...

IIRC 'Top Gear' (best car-related program on tv IMHO) also did a test as to the kind of speed required to 'fool' the camera.

// ---
    http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0922042speed1.html
    It still is odd that the police used the same speed they'd measured for the ticket.
    AFAIK the cops here (in the Netherlands) will take the measured speed minus a few percent as your 'true' speed.