1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Hello

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Lostsoul, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Lostsoul

Lostsoul boobs

Good to see this place still exists. So hello to anyone I know that is still here!

2. WedgeBob

WedgeBob XSI Mod Tool User

Yes, good evening there! :) I guess there hasn't been too much interest here over UT4, apparently. I mean, I'm trying to warm up to playing it, and probably learning what makes Unreal Engine 4 different from what we've been using. However, I still have plenty of unfinished business in UT2kx and possibly UT3 as well. Might get into Unreal Engine 4, but...who knows?

3. NeoNite

NeoNite Worst hack fraud ever

Oh I'd say..bobbies :mwink:

4. tomcat ha

tomcat ha Well-Known Member

open shirt

5. Lostsoul

Lostsoul boobs

I had forgotten my wife's tits where my avatar...

Good to see you are still around Neonite, I saw some of our old messages when I was digging around my profile.

I haven't gotten to play UT in a long time. I miss it, afraid to play again for fear I will get sucked in.

6. WedgeBob

Yeah, I hear ya, haven't really been designing anything for UT3 OR UT2004, and I have to get up to speed on how UT4 and Unreal Engine 4 all went myself, but fear not... With the tough winter this year, I might actually get back right into things, now that I might actually have time on weekends!

7. Manticore

Manticore Official BUF Birthday Spammer

You guessed correctly.

WedgeBob likes this.
  8. WedgeBob

Thanks. Although, now that we are getting into the 25th Anniversary year of another popular franchise that probably started the whole DM craze when it came to FPS games, in DOOM, this would be a GREAT opportunity for remakes/reboots of some vintage DM maps for the UT franchise... Something to think about, really.

9. NeoNite

NeoNite Worst hack fraud ever

Yeah, but no carbon copies. Seen plenty of those. Re-imaging the old maps would be better. New interpretations with different texture sets, or something along the same lines. Vivid colours perhaps. I remember seeing this doom map 1 remake for doom 3 and it looked horrible.
    And Unreal/Half life are turning 20.

10. WedgeBob

True... Although last year was a pretty big year, 20th Anniversary of the original Shadow Warrior, Quake II, SiN, and the 10th Anniversary of UT3, which I would have remade some old WangBang maps in (after all, the built-in ASC theme in UT3 has that Shadow Warrior type theme to it).

11. [GU]elmur_fud

[GU]elmur_fud I have balls of Depleted Uranium

Amen. Chris Perna and his love of insipid colors is rather infuriating. Though given that the engine is open source a mutator that adjusts graphics is not impossible.

12. Hunter

Hunter BeyondUnreal Newsie

Hello! :fluffle:

Not much for UT4, however LawBreakers is really good fun when you find a game. I keep thinking of firing up a UT or UT2004 server for a FragBU EU!

13. Big-Al

Big-Al amateur de bière

heyas