UE3 - UT3 Hello 2 everybody!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

fede3d

Mar 24, 2009
Madrid (España)
I´m new in the comunity, I´m begining to build my firsts static meshes, and of course finding my firsts problems, jaja.

First of all, I culdn´t see my model on the perspective viewport, it is only visible at the ortographic views, and with the "play this level in an editor window", I don´t know what causes this problem but is very dificult to set up the lightning if you can´t see the model you are lightning at.
And another one question, why my Tangent space normals look if they were reversed, but not inversed, if I could explain, it seem that something that should be carved out was displayed carved in.
Thanks.

Dogger

Oct 4, 2004
To answer the normal map problem, open your normal map in photoshop and invert the Green channel.

DazJW

Mar 25, 2008
Right click on your perspective viewport and wiggle the camera a bit to activate that viewport, then press W on your keyboard.

fede3d

Mar 24, 2009
Madrid (España)
Wow... Tanx 2 everybody...

Refering to the viewport problem, it could becouse I use to hit the "W" key for moving in Maya..??, jaja if it is the problem.. It could be really annoying for me, jajaja

I will try it as soon as I could, I´m really busy at the moment.