1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Hellish multiplayer still...

Discussion in 'Hardware, Software & Troubleshooting' started by Psi9179, Dec 14, 1999.

1. Psi9179

Psi9179 New Member

Okay, i posted this before, but there may have been some confusion, so this time I will go into greater detail.

I have a PII 233, 64mb RAM, Voodoo2 12mb computer. I use my college LAN to connect to the internet, hence i have very low pings, around 30-150 while playing games, so that isn't the problem. Whenver I start a multiplatyer game, online or not, the Lag is hell. It's totally unplayable. It's even in the menus once I start up the game. Once I quit the game, it's fine again. Singleplayer mode runs great, especially for my computer. I know it's not my video card, I've ran it in several video modes, all equally suck. HELP ME!!!

2. drumber

drumber New Member

Make sure you have the right connection option checked off in the menu, that's the only other thing I can think of.

3. Psi9179

Psi9179 New Member

I do....trust me...everything that is simple I've done, nothing works

4. Cebu

Cebu New Member

The netcode is broken. Not in the way that you would think, but rather in the fact that there are spikes and lag from hell. I have posted a couple of times but everyone else blames it off to bad ISP, modem tweaking. It could very well be, but I have done everything possible and it still does it. I have also e-mailed epic so that they will know that problems do exist and you should do the same thing. Good Luck.

[​IMG]
    Have I therefore become your enemy because I tell you the truth?-Galatians 4:16