1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Heatsink Choice

Discussion in 'Hardware, Software & Troubleshooting' started by N1ghtmare, Aug 13, 2010.

1. N1ghtmare

N1ghtmare Sweet Dreams

Simple advice.

I'm building m first computer soon, and when I bought the heatsink/fan I did not realize the Core I7 930 came with its own fan and heatsink.

Which should I use? The COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 I bought, or the one that came with the CPU?

[Also, if anyone here runs any UE2 server, please visit http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=193202]

Thanks.

2. Deathmaker

Deathmaker Balanced

Well if you've already bought the Hyper 212 then It'd be silly not to use it over the stock sink, especially if you're going to overclock that 930, which you should. :p

3. N1ghtmare

N1ghtmare Sweet Dreams

After pulling out the cooler-master and seeing its huge fan, I will definitely be using it over the default Intel. :D