Headshot-region Mutator

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Jun 23, 2004
www.jumpinjuggernuts.com
It would be nice if there was a stock mutator that comes with ut2k7 that highlights the headshot region.

It wouldn't be used for public servers or anything but just for practicing and getting acquainted with the headshot region. Right now it is a mystery as to how and where I have to shoot to get a headshot.

I know how to aim for the head in MOHAA and more than half of my recorded kills were headshots with the sniper. But that isn't enough in ut2k4. There needs to be a way I can learn exactly where I have to shoot on the ut2k7 models to get a headshot. It is kindof lame when I can't get headshots purposefully. I aim for the head but I still don't get them consistently. There needs to be better documentation on how to get headshots in the next game.

Last edited:

killalot0

May 26, 2005
for all who played SOF now what i am talking about. I would like to see a chrouchshot *spelling*. It was really fun to see when you hit them in the balls, shouldnt do double dammage but still it'll be fun.(yes i am sadistic)

midasgf

General
May 24, 2005
Wiltshire, UK
spaces.msn.com
You can. F3 brings up all the stats and various awards, like how many double kills etc. Once, I played a 999 DM on Godmode just to practice headshots... I got about 50... can't exactly remember. Also, to get a headshot, don't you just have to hit the head area? Seriously, I'm not taking the piss...

AntiMatter

[Ci]
Mar 17, 2004
Sometimes, on some models, i can zoom right into their head, whilst standing right next to them, with them still, and still seem to miss their head :rolleyes:

Jun 23, 2004
www.jumpinjuggernuts.com
midasgf said:
Also, to get a headshot, don't you just have to hit the head area? Seriously, I'm not taking the piss...
No it's not that simple. And inorder to get headshots and have it not feel like random luck I need to know exactly what I'm really aiming for.

EL BOURIKO

May 24, 2005
briachiae said:
It would be nice if there was a stock mutator that comes with ut2k7 that highlights the headshot region.

It wouldn't be used for public servers or anything but just for practicing and getting acquainted with the headshot region. Right now it is a mystery as to how and where I have to shoot to get a headshot.

shot the balls for headshot ;-)

i am just kidding, it would surely be usefull to get such mutator for those who wanna pratice headshot

carmatic

Jan 31, 2004
i dunno, maybe they put in headshots for a 'luck' thing... as in they never anticipated people actually getting so good that they can consistently hit the head of their targets, and assume that whatever way that they implemented to detecting headshots will be negligibly more reliable than people's attempts to score successful headshots