He was innocent

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Rostam

PSN: Rostam_
May 1, 2001
Leiden, Holland
http://www.guardian.co.uk/attackonlondon/story/0,16132,1534779,00.html

I was so affraid of this, so affraid in fact that I didn't mention it. Hoping I was wrong. But it's true, what's scariest is that nobody I've spoken to so far cares. For the first time in my life I am really scared.

I don't want to sound too panicy, but after so many warning lights that a new world war is here I think the indifference of the regular bloke is the one that got me most. I've never been affraid in my life, till now. It's making me confused, don't know what to say or think.

I can't believe how so few people have empathy. He got shot in the head 5 times and people are spouting out stuff like better safe than sorry. Terrorists win? Well, for the first time I do believe so.

Again, not trying to come over like too much of a wuss but really think about it. When normal people, of which there are quite a bit, don't give a **** over this. Then what else can you conclude... People are losing their power, blind hate and blind fear make the goverment and terrorists stronger.

And right now I'm so confused I don't know what to say now. I'm also very tired, and again so very confused... Maybe that revolution isn't that bad an idea.

U/D/T/SNAKE

Only partially annoying now
Rostam said:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/attackonlondon/story/0,16132,1534779,00.html

I was so affraid of this, so affraid in fact that I didn't mention it. Hoping I was wrong. But it's true, what's scariest is that nobody I've spoken to so far cares. For the first time in my life I am really scared.

I don't want to sound too panicy, but after so many warning lights that a new world war is here I think the indifference of the regular bloke is the one that got me most. I've never been affraid in my life, till now. It's making me confused, don't know what to say or think.

I can't believe how so few people have empathy. He got shot in the head 5 times and people are spouting out stuff like better safe than sorry. Terrorists win? Well, for the first time I do believe so.

Again, not trying to come over like too much of a wuss but really think about it. When normal people, of which there are quite a bit, don't give a **** over this. Then what else can you conclude... People are losing their power, blind hate and blind fear make the goverment and terrorists stronger.

And right now I'm so confused I don't know what to say now. I'm also very tired, and again so very confused... Maybe that revolution isn't that bad an idea.

Well dont drive yourself insane. Think about it more analytically. These terrorists basically dont effect life, they instill fear. That is their goal. Their net effects is basically negligable. I know it sounds terse but a couple people dead, a nervous cop shoots someone innocent, probably by and large a bigger problem is crime in general. Im willing to bet that Londons crime or murder numbers are almost uneffected by anything caused by these guys. They basically want you to say and think exactly what you wrote...fear. For the most part, from what I can see, terrorism just doesnt work. (i know about the trade centers, even in that case it only bumped up the NYC murder stats a couple of basis points). Again, I dont wish to sound uneffected but, Im sure your quite safe. Im not saying dont alter anything...that would just be stupid, same as say, dont walk down a deserted street at 3am where known criminals hang out. So, sure some common sense midifications are made, but nothing life altering. Anyway, Im sure many folks will disagree. Its only a couple of isolated incidents. Most people are good people, Im sure they care. Most just rush to cras conclusions, or generalizations, it makes things simpler for them. There are plenty of thoughtful people in the world, in London.

:::I screwed up this post by accidently writing in the middle of your quote...think I fixed it. Also about the "new war" you speak of. Its called 4th generation warefare. These knuckleheads cant defeat our armies to make their point, so they cicumvent that and try to instill fear and kill soft targets.

Last edited:

Rostam

May 1, 2001
Leiden, Holland
I'm not affraid of terrorists. But I do fear the common man when he is blinded by hate or fear. History books showed me that much.

edit:
To explain a bit more, it's not so much that an innocent man got shot that is gutting me. Hell it isn't the fact that he got shot FIVE times in the head after he TRIPPED. It's the way nobody seems to give a damn. I've even heard so many people say that it would be a travesty if the cop that shot the guy would appear in court. If we abandon everything so many men died for just like that, then obviously something is wrong. As our politicians have quickly found out, so many societies are just full of easy targets now. Now is the time to take away anything you want.

edit2:
Just found out that since last week over 200 assaults on muslims have occured. 9 mosques, 1 murder, petrol bombs and lots of street assaults. For some extremely silly reason I thought Brits were better than that. Maybe because I never heard of things like this before. Thank you media, I guess.

Last edited:

The_Pikeman

Also known as Howski
Nov 20, 2001
Caerphilly, Wales
Visit site
Yea it sucks I was just watching the BBC and it had a quote from the police officer that brought the shoot to kill policy which was along the lines of "we are facing an uniqe enemy which is uniqly evil" I mean what kind of crack are these people smoking. The UK spent decades with the IRA doing exactly the same thing, god damm these are people. For right or wrong you can not shoot someone five times when they are lying on the floor, and then jusify it by saying its the times we live in. This really dose inforce my opinion that Police should not be given guns.

The_Pikeman

Also known as Howski
Nov 20, 2001
Caerphilly, Wales
Visit site
Worse from ken ...................

"The police acted to do what they believed necessary to protect the lives of the public. This tragedy has added another victim to the toll of deaths for which the terrorists bear responsibility," he said.

and you can count on the brilliant Bill O'Reilly to put things in perspective ........

Now let's go to the big picture. It is becoming very clear that everybody on this planet is going to have to make a decision about terrorism, but there really are only three options. You can take a hard line, which is my position. You can appease terrorism, which is Spain's position. Or you can refuse to confront the issue at all. And unfortunately, millions of people are doing that.

"Talking Points" will once again state that if every decent person in the world would join together against terrorism, it would be defeated quickly, but obviously that's not happening.

Now here in the USA, we have people who have made a huge deal out of Guantanamo Bay (search), Abu Ghraib, the run up to the Iraq War, and other issues surrounding the terror war.

In my opinion, some have lost sight of the real issue, because of the politics. With all due respect to the left wing in this country, when Islamic fascists are slaughtering civilians, I'm not sure the abuse at Abu Ghraib (search) should be our main concern.

Yes thats right what happened in London was because we are not torturing indescrimitly

-How.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2003
Europe
The brit police is a bit insane. I´ve heared they made accidents where innocent civilians were hurt, cuz they make insane car chaseing, cuz they are allowed to.

Also remember (if you know) the ****, where two brit policemen shot a man on the street, cuz they thought he was an IRA activist. He had red hair and a longer mechanics tool wrapped into a sack, which the policemen thought was a rifle.

Insane. -edit- sorry if has been said, I didn't read exactly every line in this thread.

Well the terror is the price that innocent poeple pay for their government, which earnes money with what it does.

Last edited:

Arethusa

We will not walk in fear.
Jan 15, 2004
I've been rather surprised by how little anyone cares about this. Sure, these fuckers are always reliable go-to guys when I need a dose psychotic, sociopathic neocon nationalist-fascist hypocrisy, but this is the only forum where I've even seen anyone even notice, let alone care, that an innocent man was killed for no particular reason.

Good times.

The_Pikeman

Also known as Howski
Nov 20, 2001
Caerphilly, Wales
Visit site
Dont you know he was coloured and had just done some work in the same block of flats! Also he was using public transport ...... what other reason do you need to shoot him all the facts point towards terrorist.
-How.

Freon

Braaaaiinss...
Jan 27, 2002
France
www.3dfrags.com
It's not making a big fuss because the innocent shot was an immigrant, involved in a car theft, but clearly not a terrorist. The average white guy doesn't care because, for now, he's safe. But if things keep going this way, nobody will be safe.

I would be scared Rostam if I were you too. I'm glad I'm a whitish geek :D

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
For me it's currently more a state of "Oh well, I'm 27, im 1/3 to 1/2 way through" - more depression or resignation than fear of what will happen in the future. I'm not even realy surprised by all this... and that should scare me. :\

Rostam

May 1, 2001
Leiden, Holland
Trust me Freon it was a lot scarier after 9/11, after a politician got murdered (and it was not yet known that the guy who did it was white) and after a dutch movie maker (a ****ty racist one) got murdered. But untill now I still had the feeling that it was a minority doing stupid things, now I have a feeling it has reached the majority. Or maybe it's still the minority abusing the situation with less and less people caring.

After a good nights sleep I'm a bit less confused. I decided that I can take care of myself, it's other people I'm worried about. Maybe it's time to become a bit more selfish right now.

By the way I'm very happy with your replies. Proves that maybe I'm just hanging out with the wrong people.

NTKB

Banned
Aug 25, 2001
New Jersey, U.S.A.
Good job, another Brazilian terrorist off the streets. You know them bastards look just like A-Rabs. Good job billy bob! Nice shooting tex! I feel safer allready... ... ...

Rostam

May 1, 2001
Leiden, Holland
Geo, I think it's fear talking, not them. Basically they think it is OK for the police to shoot people because of what might have happened.

I need to get out of this country.