Hay guys, wats a GPU that can play UT2004 maxed out?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
Oh noes!!! My super ultra GTX special collectors edition can't maintain the 5000 fps with my games!!! :p

Seriously though, do you have something else that might be taking the CPU's time?

Bi()ha2arD

Toxic!
Jun 29, 2009
Germany
phobos.qml.net
16xq CSAA, 16x AF, 8x Super Sample transparency AA

why would you need AA? it's quite pointless at high resolution. I peak at 1000 fps in dm-deck with my gtx470 and never drop below like 300 fps.

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
Hm, I think I know something that will make your fancy pants video cards stutter. If you don't have Tweaktool, get it. Quite an awesome tool anyway. Next, set the firing speed of the RL or Flak to as high as it will go. Then, set the arena to have all Flak Cannons/RL's, whichever one you changes the firing speed on. Set the bots to 32 and play on DM-Gael. and tell me if any of you see a dip in your frame rate.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Oh. Doesn't that make it slower under certain circumstances? Since UT2004 is a single-threaded app, I don't think using HT would improve things anyway. Two cores are enough to run it optimally - one core for the game, and the other one for the OS, programs and drivers. Or three, if you have lots of drivers and programs.