Has this been overlooked?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MeckonOmega

Meckon (Mech-on)
Realizing all suggestions are next gen suggestions.

I was thinking ( note: I am not a programming type at all ) that there might be a way to get a 'Raven Shield' type of slow door opening feature to work.

Using claymores as an example; if you put one down, you can click and hold to arm it OR quickly click to pick it back up.

Sooo, I was wondering if these principles could be applied to the door feature. Holding it and the door slowly opens, click quickly and the door opens as usual.

I encourage a response, please remember I'm not a coder when you answer ;)

keihaswarrior

Jan 7, 2003
Seattle
keihaswarrior.home.icq
That would certainly be possible since RavenShield uses the same engine. You have to ask yourself how useful it would be however... Remember, doors in INF can be shot through like paper, unlike in Ravensheild where they act as excellent cover.

The door breaching feature of RavenShield would be infinitely more useful IMO. (its too bad Beppo's INF_Charge mutator isn't on any servers...)

Last edited:

keihaswarrior

Jan 7, 2003
Seattle
keihaswarrior.home.icq
There was another thread where there was discussion of a "stealth mode" for moving slowly and quietly and reloading silently. That could be expanded to make doors open slowly and quietly when in stealth mode.

sublime

Cynic
Aug 1, 2000
Texas
www.caffeine-addict.org
Also keep in mind that they can edit the actual source for the engine and don't have to modify everything through unrealscript. Not sure if that matters in this case, but it's something to keep in mind when making these types of comparisons.

DamienW

I'm no stranger to sarcasm, sir
Feb 4, 2001
Bayonne, France
keihaswarrior said:
That would certainly be possible since RavenShield uses the same engine. You have to ask yourself how useful it would be however... Remember, doors in INF can be shot through like paper, unlike in Ravensheild where they act as excellent cover.

The door breaching feature of RavenShield would be infinitely more useful IMO. (its too bad Beppo's INF_Charge mutator isn't on any servers...)

Doors in Raven shield are not only penetrable, but also are the ONLY thing that bullets will penetrate (except things like windows and terrorists, of course). More often than not, you can use the heartbeat sensor to locate a bad guy (tm), then shoot through the door and hear the automated "target down" message that plays wether you actually see the dead guy or not. The slow opening is more of a single player thing, where the AI won't shoot through a slightly open door. It indeed would be limited in INF.

Last edited: