Halo1 Helmet for the Master Chief mod

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

albatross

Sep 28, 2008
d561335ad32c7c8cb3ab02491ceff8cf.jpg

Before I say anything, let me just remind the community that the arms, legs, torso, etc. were not created by me they were made\ported by EVIL ENGINE. The only thing here that is mine is the helmet. That said, this is nearly done...I just have one small issue: It crashes the game when I try to load a match. as you can see, it works fine in the 'create a character' screen but other than that I get nothing. Please understand that I am relatively new to the Unreal Engine and therefore the issue could be very small but also potentially very big... Though I have a feeling that it has to do with the packages that each mesh\material is contained in. EE has all of his in one, cooked package whereas my helmet is in another, uncooked package. Maybe that's irrelivant, I don't know at this point... Enough outa' me though, what does everyone think? Any advice\feedback is appreciated :)

albatross

Sep 28, 2008
Well...nobody seems to have anything to say 'bout this model... Anyway, for those that do care, I am done with the helmet and have it working in-game now (with better reflection maps and overall materials). The new problem is that the character skeletons are messed up a bit...and by a bit I mean a lot... The character that the helmet (set as a head in the UTCustomChars.ini) is rigged to, appears scrambled and distorted in-game...usually with the feet oriented toward the ceiling with the rest of the body stretched and mangled everywhere else. If anybody knows why, I would love to hear what you have to say because this is the only thing left to fix before the PSK can be provided for everyone to use. (PS: The mesh was rigged in Maya using Denny's Community rig and I know that the XYZ coordinates are different in Unreal than they are in maya but I thought I fixed that issue...if that is indeed the issue, like I think it is...)

albatross

Sep 28, 2008
I'm just releasing the helmet. It is ideal to use it with his mod but it doesn't necessarily have to be. Thanks though.