Hacked!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

«BuA»Lurker_71

Thë Möñkëÿ Kïñg
Dec 15, 2002
Wha?
Wednesday night I received an invitation from a friend on Steam to join an open beta for L4D2. I've been playing L4D with this guy for months, so I believed him.
The link he sent me took me to an Nvidia webpage that told me I had to sign into Steam from the webpage to sign up for the beta... now at this point, there should have been bells going off in my head, but there weren't.
I left the house for a couple of hours, and when I returned, I could no longer log into my account.
Luckily I got in touch with Steam Support quickly enough that there was no damage to my account, and I didn't lose any games either.

So if someone sends you an invitation for an open beta; check it out in the Steam control panel, or cancel that invitation.

TAZTG

Your face, Your ass-Whats the Difference
Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
Same is true for any game... Lets not stick this on Steam. Lurk was gullible and its on him. Come on Lurk you can trust me..... CLICK HERE

Iceburgs

The Iceman Cometh....
Jul 22, 2002
Baltimore County, MD
Lurk, very likely this friend of yours clicked on that link before you. He probably had no control over that message getting to you. Oh, well. You see this crap happening all over the place. Facebook had a REAL big problem with it around the beginning of the year, and are still having problems with variants.