1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Gunfire and Mayhem @ Caltech

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by striderteen, Dec 7, 2001.

1. striderteen

striderteen New Member

Got your attention, didn't I?

But then again, it got MY attention too...after all, it's not every day your homework is interrupted by a massive blast!!

No, it wasn't Columbine II...just another 'Tech tradition. We have a fully functional six-inch breech-loading artillery piece, which is fired at the beginning and end of every term (before finals week). Of course, I'd forgotten all about it, so the shot startled the hell out of me.

And I find that Infiltration has given me some degree of combat reflexes, too...my reaction to "loud gunshot" was to duck and look for a sniper!

2. UTProphet

UTProphet Trial By Fire

You are one crazy fellow :)

3. Donnellizer

Donnellizer Fjæsing!

Are you trying to hit a rival college...? Hehe. ;)

4. Mad_Dog

Mad_Dog Voice Of Reason

nice:D. university of toronto engineers have one too. whenever it's transported from it's secret hiding place, there are always six members of the "Brute Force Squad" chained to it, so it's impossible to steal. i would love to try though.;)

5. striderteen

striderteen New Member

You have to hide yours??? Ha ha, ours is in the open...we fire about six times a year, for various traditions and events.

6. FiringAimlessly

FiringAimlessly NOT going to waste another minute on CS!

- ever since I started playing non-Quake FPS's I've found myself moving along walls for cover and scanning buildings for sniper spots...

7. Mad_Dog

Mad_Dog Voice Of Reason

the one our engineers have is pretty small... probably an inch shell max, six people can carry it. the engineers tend to steal other school's engineering mascots, so they have to hide their stuff pretty well to keep it.

8. striderteen

striderteen New Member

Heh heh. We "borrowed" ours from a military museum several decades ago...we DID end up paying for it, though, so we didn't REALLY steal it.