Gun Enthusiasts Make Very Real Lancer From Gears of War

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
A rather crafty group of guys must really like the Lancer from Gears of War quite a lot, because they've decided to make their own.

A few enterprising gun enthusiasts have gone the extra mile for their bayonets, strapping on 14 inches of chainsaw for proper eviscerating. They call it the "Firearm Mounted Anti Zombie Device" but we know it better as the standard issue Lancer from Epic Games' third-person shooter.

Yes, it works, as proven by the video of the thing in pumpkin-slaying action.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
That chain won't last long. You'd need ultra-sharp teeth and a good electric motor behind it.

Lethargy

Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Feb 24, 2006
That might have been the clumsiest and most worrisome handling of a chainsaw I've ever seen... he's lucky not to have lost his leg.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
11tmv4l.jpg

AsToRoTh

Jan 20, 2008
And to think I always thought "You have way too much time on your hands" was just a phrase ppl used. What are the odds a vid turns up on youtube with one of those idiots losing a limb pretty soon.

Mr.CrackPot

Jul 23, 2005
electric chainsaws are teh suck.

He said this was just a prototype in another video. Would be awesome if he gets a gas-powered chainsaw on that thing although I think he's gonna get bored and give up way before then :)

[GU]elmur_fud

I have balls of Depleted Uranium
Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
The heat from a gas powered engine isn't very logical in assscotiation with a gun plus the can be a pain to start. There are electric motors with the guts to do the job well but they lack the grunt of a gas engine. A compromise might be to use compressed air. Say perhaps with one of those mini compressors to air up car & truck tires.

I still think it looked like the worst aim ever.