Guild Wars 2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Shattered_Steel

Birthed of Destruction
Mar 9, 2002
Kettering, OH
From everything I read on GW2W today (http://gw2wiki.com/index.php/Main_Page), GW2 is supposed to be an expansion to GW, where all three chapters & GW:EN are all part of that world (and thus all available on the same game, tho Cantha and Elona may end up being unlockable because of the storyline).

I actually hope this isn't true. I don't mind the storyline continuing, but if you are able to use things in GW2 that you had in any of the toher games, I may not get it. I want it to be stand alone. The reason I don't play GW anymore is because of those add-on packs and GWEN. I didn't get them, and I felt left out / disadvantaged because of it. No way am I getting a game where you really need to have purchased four other things to take full advantage of it.

«BuA»Lurker_71

Thë Möñkëÿ Kïñg
Dec 15, 2002
Wha?
You fellas need to check out the Wiki I posted a couple of posts back.
I think your concerns and questions would be better addressed there.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Guild_Wars_2

The previously posted link has none of this info, for some reason... so read this, click the links, and get informed. :)

Last edited:

TAZTG

Your face, Your ass-Whats the Difference
Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
Alrighty, decided to make a new thread about this.

New Professions, New Races, Companion System sounds fun..

Last edited:

Shattered_Steel

Birthed of Destruction
Mar 9, 2002
Kettering, OH
Ok, Lurk. After reading the last link you posted, I feel much better about GW2.

I still hope it isn't like Wow, and it appears that it won't be, though some things will be leaning a little that way, apparently. Still, what I see looks good. Looks like it may not be released for another year, however.

TAZTG

Your face, Your ass-Whats the Difference
Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
There are alot of features that will be new and some they will carry over.

I look forward to these.

Controls

The control system is going to be significantly changed (in particular mouse movement in the form "click to move" will be removed from the game), however target locking will still function. Guild Wars 2 will introduce a Z-axis to the game which will allow characters to jump over obstacles. Actions which have characters interacting with the environment, such as sliding, climbing trees and swimming will also be introduced.

Companions

The system of companions and allies is being reworked. Companions will have customization similar to Heroes. Players will be allowed to bring a single companion with them, who will not take up a party slot and are considered an extension of the character. When a player chooses not to bring a companion, their character will instead be buffed so that they will not be disadvantaged by not bringing a companion.

This would be sweet.
Features under consideration

* Pet stable

I look forward to this new game.