Guestbook?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
SaD I just had a look at the guestbook and there's a lot of spammy ads there since yesterday. A shame given I've never seen it abused before. Any way for us mods to clean it up? If not, I just thought it best you know anyway :tup:

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
I`ve seen spam there from time to time. Really a pity such idiots have nothig better to do with their time

SaD

Skincollecting Fanatic
Sep 6, 2003
Germany
skincity.beyondunreal.com
klasnic said:
SaD I just had a look at the guestbook and there's a lot of spammy ads there since yesterday. A shame given I've never seen it abused before. Any way for us mods to clean it up? If not, I just thought it best you know anyway :tup:

Thanx for the info Klasnic , I´m aware of this .
The spam is there since the last two weeks .
Every day 20-50 new spam ads .
I clean it on a daily base .You can´t do anything , sorry .It can only be done with the backend and a wrong action can kill complete sections at SkinCity.
Not that I don´t trust you , but if anything goes wrong , you know who stupid NooB did the trouble . *points with the finger to the person who is typing this*:lol:
I think about closing it , if the spamattacks goes on .
An other solution is to change the code and registering is required , but I´m sure not a lot of ppl want to register to write a hello into a guestbook .:D

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Guessbooks need moderators. I only had a shoutbox once on my older website. I couldn't delete one single message unless i deleted all of them.

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
SaD said:
An other solution is to change the code and registering is required , but I´m sure not a lot of ppl want to register to write a hello into a guestbook .:D
Maybe you could make a thread here @ BuF for this....but you`re right, just for saying a quick "hello" or "SkinCity rocks" I won`t register :p

Nines

With Rage Alive
Oct 12, 2004
Sweden
Seeing all that spam is really pissing me off. :mad:

If you ask me, I'd say remove the guestbook completely. :hmm:
Seriously, what good does it do? All there is in it is a load of useless spam.
If someone should need help with a skin, model, or has another problem, the person should not ask in the guestbook anyway.
So it's not really filling any useful functions, though I suppose it's always fun to hear; "this is a damn fine site SaD" etc. ;)

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
A Guestbook itself is a nice idea, it would be a pitty if it must be closed due one idiot. :(

SaD

Skincollecting Fanatic
Sep 6, 2003
Germany
MäxX said:
This spammer is getting on my nerves :mad:

Me , too .:(

Nines said:
....though I suppose it's always fun to hear; "this is a damn fine site SaD" etc.

That´s the reason for a guestbook :D .

MäxX said:
A Guestbook itself is a nice idea, it would be a pitty if it must be closed due one idiot.

Yep . I´ll see , if we can close it temporarly and open it 2 or 3 weeks later to get rid of the spam .

SaD

Skincollecting Fanatic
Sep 6, 2003
Germany
I think we found the best solution .
My coder changed some of the guestbook-code and tested it on our local database .A code is generated and must be written before someone can post something @ the guestbook . This way we get rid of the spambots IMO.

Guestbook.jpg