GTAIV thread anyone?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
That's right, they have it. However, they won't sell it until tomorrow (release date is 29th) 10:00 AM.

Mar 6, 2004
Is there going to be a PC version? and whan will it be released? all i know of is the consoles release.

Lafnboy

Real Low Mind
Jan 20, 2008
Ahhhh I just reserved a copy, gonna pick it up at Best Buy tomorrow!!! Iggy Pop as a DJ on the Classic Rock radio station = WIN!!!

[edit] you guys better start adding my gamertag NOW.

Last edited:
They weren't kidding about the amount of detail in the game. From moveable silverwear with it's own physics to watching tv with many (10?) different stations all with something different on and I haven't seen a loop yet.

I actually caught myself watching the tv in the game for around 5 or so mins before I realized that I was watching tv in a game. lol. Then I changed the channel to see a advertisement for a show called "72". Even had the countdown like 24 does (obviously making fun of the tv show 24)

There is quite a bit to do so far, and I haven't even left the apartment :p

The graphics are really good too. Alot better than I thought they would be, especially for a game this large.

Mar 6, 2004
If its like the others, than maybe months from now. Give u enough time to beef up the comp.

I would buy a copy, but my 360 is on its way to Microsoft.

I got mine. :p although like i mentioned before, i'm banned from XBL because i got a modded 360, fine by me i rarely ever went online to begin with and i'll wait for the PC MP version.

I just got an email account in the game, and getting jobs via email, and can surf the web that the internet cafe allows...limited sites, but i found a dating page and i clicked "date" to all 9 or 12 of them.

P.I.M.P.

Last edited:

Angel_Mapper

Goooooooats
Jun 17, 2001
Cape Suzette
www.angelmapper.com
They weren't kidding about the amount of detail in the game. From moveable silverwear with it's own physics to watching tv with many (10?) different stations all with something different on and I haven't seen a loop yet.

I actually caught myself watching the tv in the game for around 5 or so mins before I realized that I was watching tv in a game. lol. Then I changed the channel to see a advertisement for a show called "72". Even had the countdown like 24 does (obviously making fun of the tv show 24)

There is quite a bit to do so far, and I haven't even left the apartment :p

The graphics are really good too. Alot better than I thought they would be, especially for a game this large.
Wonderful. There goes any hope of getting any work done for the next couple of weeks.

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
I had some guy driving past slowly, ogling a chick on the sidewalk. In doing so, he slowly cruised into another chick crossing the road. He then got out of the car and started apologising furiously, but the girl didn't want to hear it, hehe.

MonsOlympus

May 27, 2004
So the question is...

Who's betting this game will sell better than Gears of War or Halo 3?

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
From a headline I saw this morning, it's projected sales are apparently to put it as one of the biggest selling games of all time. I'm not sure I buy that (previous GTA titles have all sold around 2 million at the most).

I wouldn't be surprised if this one hits the double digits though.

dub

Feb 12, 2002
From a headline I saw this morning, it's projected sales are apparently to put it as one of the biggest selling games of all time. I'm not sure I buy that (previous GTA titles have all sold around 2 million at the most).

I wouldn't be surprised if this one hits the double digits though.
I doubt that's all they sold.
The GTA series has sold over 65 million altogether. San Andreas alone sold over 20 million units.

I reckon GTA 4 will reach the double digits quite easily and very quick :)

If games like NFS:Carbon hit double figures then GTA will easily :D (even if it's released on fewer platforms)

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
I doubt that's all they sold.
The GTA series has sold over 65 million altogether. San Andreas alone sold over 20 million units.

I reckon GTA 4 will reach the double digits quite easily and very quick :)

If games like NFS:Carbon hit double figures then GTA will easily :D (even if it's released on fewer platforms)

I guess that makes an average of around 6 million a title. I can't find figures that high for San Andreas, but looking at it, Vice City has around 18 million, which would make up around a third of all sales :eek:

1. Pokémon Red, Blue, and Green (20.08 million approximately, 10.23 million in Japan, 9.85 million in US)[18]
2. Nintendogs (18.67 million)
3. Super Mario Bros. 3 18 million)
4. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (17.5 million)
5. Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec (14.87 million)
6. Pokémon Diamond and Pearl (14.77 million)
7. Pokémon Gold and Silver (14.51 million approximately, 7.6 million in US, 6.91 million in Japan)
8. Grand Theft Auto III (14.5 million)
9. New Super Mario Bros. (14.16 million)
10. Super Mario Land (14 million)
11. Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire (13 million)
12. Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day! (12.98 million)
13. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (12 million)
14. Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen (11.82 million)
15. Wii Play (11.51 million)
16. Super Mario 64 (11 million)
17. Gran Turismo (10.85 million)
18. Brain Age 2: More Training in Minutes a Day! (10.83 million)
19. Mario Kart DS (10.45 million)
20. Super Mario Bros. 2 (10 million)

Last edited:
Apparently GTA4 is so big that it may effect movie theater sales this weekend.

On my way to work they were talking about an article that said something like GTA4 is expected to sell so many copies that it might actually hinder movie ticket sales (Iron Man comes out this weekend)

If it does, that would just be crazy.