1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

GTAIV thread anyone?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Munchables, Apr 16, 2008.

1. Munchables

Munchables Flying Nuns!!!

Isn't anyone here hyped for it!? Or even preordered for it......?

2. Angel_Mapper

Angel_Mapper Goooooooats

I really don't get the point of preordering these days. But yes, I'm excited about it. :D

3. Latent Image

Latent Image Bring the rain!

I preorded UT3 CE :)

Yeah it looks ok, I want to play assassins creed!

4. dragonfliet

dragonfliet I write stuffs

I refuse to preorder. EBGames seems to hate people who want to buy videogames, but Target doesn't and will be stocked nicely. I'm pretty excited. I've always enjoyed the GTA games since 2 and this one actually looks good to boot.

~Jason

5. Big-Al

Big-Al amateur de bière

..i'll be hyped by the time the pc version is available...till then, i've got other stuff to play.

6. Larkin

Larkin Gone

I swear we had a GTAIV thread about a month ago. I can't seem to find it though. Anyway...

To answer your question, no I'm not looking forward to it. Maybe I am the only one but driving games bore me these days. Drive here, drive there, blah. Storyline is stupid, characters seem fake and almost all the missions annoy me in way or another. I have to admit I bought all the others even those story ones(vice/liberty) and well I am personally sick of it. Its all seen it, done it. I will probably rent it though. Graphics actually look like crap, btw. I'm not a graphic guy but still those shots I saw look last gen.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2008
  7. dotnetbeast

dotnetbeast Mr. Mayhem

QFT

8. Munchables

hmmmm, looks like no one has seen the latest updates in the game.
    ( just off the top of my head)

-Rockstar will make around $400 million within a week of release
    -There is so much detail in this game..... it's unbelievable e.g walking down a street in the city, people will be doing people things like smoking, cleaning windows, drinking coffee etc.
    -YOU HAVE YOUR OWN PHONE, you recieve messages or (sms messages from other players online, or when in single player; calls and text messages from character, you choose the positive or negative response to them, making them like you more or less affecting the game. You can even get RINGTONES for your phone.... RINGTONES!!!!!
    -You can get mugged if you're on the streets, and you could call an ambulance or police car to help you, ( you can even prank call them and steal take their police cabs.)
    -You can take public transport e.g taxi's, trains to get to places ALOT faster.
    -Theres a new cover and blind firing combat system
    - Online up to 16 players, with plenty of game modes that are super fun. (also racing online if you're into that)
    - very realistic car controlling

I don't know if people around here know this stuff, just felt like posting it cos im a bit too excited XD

9. Slainchild

Slainchild Gold Member

10. B

B Bee

Hyping a game before release only leads to disapointment.
    So no I'm not hyped. Besides the PC release is at least a year away.

11. Munchables

Why do people want the PC version so bad? It's true that there are NO LOADING times in the 360 and PS3 versions. Well maybe because of mods, but there might be some on xbox live or whatever PS3 uses.

12. Slainchild

Slainchild Gold Member

Um...

Because they don't have a console.
    Because it will probably run smoother on PC.
    Because of mouse control.
    Because of modding.
    Because most PC gamers are whiny bitches.

13. MonsOlympus

MonsOlympus Active Member

WTF, these have got to be rumours. Or is that just gamemodes which are included not coop.

Oh and some people just prefer to play on PC, is that so crazy to understand. I dont think so but hey!

14. B

B Bee

Because I don't have a console and I like to use the pc I build a couple of months ago.

15. Nines

Nines With Rage Alive

I've preordered it. I'm also not the least bit hyped up about it, which will make it even better. :biggrin2:

16. Twisted Metal

Twisted Metal Anfractuous Aluminum

I'm more hyped for Mafia 2, because that game actually has a story. :tup:

17. Slainchild

Slainchild Gold Member

GTA4 has a story too...?

18. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

Since EBGames is GameStop, yes, pre-ordering with them was a pain. They didn't charge me the Anthology w/ UT3 CE, but I had to pay extra fee for the shipping as always. Thus making it a total of $80+ can. Screw this, just go to the store and buy it there. Pre-ordering is just silly with GameStop/EBGames.

Not to mention that their service is really poor, they pretty much don't know what to tell to their customers via E-mail and on their site. Too bad the threads got lost in the crash, because I'd be linking a few of them.

19. Zarniwoop

Zarniwoop is cool

I don't have anything to play it on, so i'm skipping this one.

20. Jackal

Jackal Crapass

I'll be picking it up the day of release! This thread needs a poll though. PS3 or Xbox version.

I want to get the PS3 version becuase it has lower load times, better graphics, mods.

The 360.... well, There are more people here who own a 360 than PS3. And since half of them will play online, I'd want to do that.