1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

gta style camera

Discussion in 'General' started by beefsack, Feb 10, 2004.

1. beefsack

beefsack the authority in beef

hello love the mod its great fun

im working on a mutator at the moment with code out of an old project i was doing which had a top down gta style camera for vehicles. im trying to port it over as a mutator so ill let you know how it goes :)

2. beefsack

ive finished to the point where it works in instant action. it wont work in netplay though because forwardvel isnt replicated to clients. in my project it got replicated through the car code but i didnt want to touch that =_= so i will need to find an alternate. anyways try it out and tell me what you think.

http://tok.w00ties.com/unwheelskycam.zip

3. Shrimp

Shrimp Seafood splatter

Darn! Forgot to try this out... File seems missing now...

By the way, ForwardVel is simply the following which you should be able to calculate in a mutator or anywhere else:
    Code:
      	// Car is just the vehicle you are working with
      	ForwardVel = Car.Velocity Dot (vect(-1, 0, 0) >> Car.Rotation);

4. beefsack

i just clicked it then and it worked :eek: if it doesnt work again then i will find somewhere else to upload it

5. Shrimp

Shrimp Seafood splatter

Hiya.

Yup, it did work... Sorry about that. By browser must have saved it automatically because it's so small. I found about 5 on my desktop later ;).

Very nice :D

6. beefsack

heh might fix up that networking problem this arvo depending on how stuffed i am :p