GREAT map idea!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Jaguar

Jan 25, 2000
Sylvania, OH
Visit site
This is a great map idea for Infiltration! It is utterly difficult (at least it would be for me, if only my F@#%&!!ing ED would work.

First of all, go rent the movie "The Rock". Watch it for fun, it's the best of '96, and one of the best overall. Then pay attention to the SEAL incursion.

Now we have ALL seen Alcatraz made in one way or another for games like, oh, Quake(World), etc, where the objective is for one team to escape the jail, and the other to stop them (snore...) WE'VE SEEN IT, LIKE, 9999 trillion times already! To the point:

Make an Assault map where one team (the EAGLEs [the SEAL team]) has to Infiltrate The Rock, using only MP5's and pistols, and take out the VX gas rockets, and the other team (the blood-thirsty Marines) have to blast all the SEALSs, using M-16s and other Colt carbines (ouch).

Now the SEALS start out on a chopper (bogie!) right above the water, take their scuba gear, and swim through the one pipe, and up into the fire place. Mr. Mason isn't here to get the door, so you'd have to, oh, get some switch on the other side of the room that would make it open slowly. Then they go into the double pipe place, and climbe through, then drop down into the tunnels, 57 some paces to the "uner the shower room". NOW. You should make a ladder going up, a short and quick one, like seen in the AS-Terrain mission around parts of the train, like in the very front. This allows for a quick rush, and scatter. If not, the shower room is well known as a massacre spot. From there on, it is the mappers ideas only. How to get from the shower room to somwhere else is beyond my knowlege. But past that point, look at the places where Goodspeed disarms the Rockets, and try to model them throughout the levels past the shoer room. How do disarm the rockets? Up to the mapper again. Probably by touching it, anyone.

This is as much of a fun thing as it is a challenge. Many will find it too time consuming. (With right skins, it'll be a BLAST!) Anyone up for something like this?

Jaguar

Jan 25, 2000
Sylvania, OH
Visit site
I might want to add that the shower room must be in the best of detail, and correctly made. It is surrounded from 2 sides, and on one of the remaining 2 is a large window. There are cylinder structures going down the center. I add once more, go see the movie! You can't do it without that! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Jaguar

Jan 25, 2000
Sylvania, OH
Visit site
Yes, you are right, it would be better to wait for 3.0. And thanks for at least supporting the idea /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I though everyone would say I'm crazy, and that this is the dumbest idea ever. The BIG question still remains:

IS ANYONE UP TO A CHALLENGE LIKE SO?

------------------
Don't make me pounce ya' /infopop/emoticons\icon_wink.gif

disturbed

Nov 10, 1999
www.research-center.org
Sadly, some Strike Force mapmaking bastard took your idea. Judging by the screenshots, though, it doesn't look like they were trying to recreate the exact layout from the movie. SF's "Rock" looks much more modern, for a prison that hasn't been used in a long time.

Personally I think an Infiltration team member could do a much better job, and if someone from SF accuses us of taking their idea, then we can just refer them to this thread, which was posted long before the SF team announced their map.

I think this is a job for RaekwoN. Dust City's textures would be great for the recreation of the actual "Rock" from the movie... and damnit he does good outdoors stuff.

------------------
Jon Merriman
The Research Center
http://rc.gamersreality.com/

INF_Neo

Infiltration Sound Engineer
Nov 30, 1999
Heidelberg, Germany
Visit site
Did I get that right?

Don't make me close that thread! Accusing people of stealing is one of the worst things if you cannot prove it. These prison screenshots have been on their site for quite some time now.

Please stop, okay /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Jaguar

Jan 25, 2000
Sylvania, OH
Visit site
Woh, easy there, Neo! Please don't close the thread!!!! And yes, just because it might have been made for Strike Force, doesn't mean we shouldn't make our own. Make it better, more 'REAL'. No mappers have posted back here that they want to try a project like the one suggested above, yet.

disturbed

Nov 10, 1999
www.research-center.org
I didn't accuse them of stealing.

What I meant was that if someone made an Alcatraz map for Infiltration based on Jaguar's suggestion and the SF team accused him of stealing their idea, that someone would have this thread as evidence otherwise.

On another note, the scene from the movie where the mercenaries steal the VX warheads would make another cool INF map.

------------------
Jon Merriman
The Research Center
http://rc.gamersreality.com/

Jaguar

Jan 25, 2000
Sylvania, OH
Visit site
You are right about the the fact that it would make a nice map, the facility where the rockets were originally kept. However, they do not show enough of it in detail to really make the map like they have it. Maybe I'm wrong. Is anyone up to any of this though??????????

Evil_Joe

Jan 22, 2000
PA
Visit site
Personally I think an Infiltration team member could do a much better job, and if someone from SF accuses us of taking their idea, then we can just refer them to this thread, which was posted long before the SF team announced their map.

uhh this thread was posted after it was released that we where doing this in our forum. And pokey is a pretty cool guy I wouldn't call him a bastard you don't even know him. If you are going to slander get your facts straight.

Jaguar

Jan 25, 2000
Sylvania, OH
Visit site
I have not been to the SF website for maybe 2-3 months I was so involved with INF. That was until I heard that they were making a Rock map. So please, I had no clue. Anyway, someone from INF who knows his Rock can CERTAINLY do better than the screenshots I found on the SF page.

Jaguar

Jan 25, 2000
Sylvania, OH
Visit site
Neo, please tell ClawFist, or whoever else makes maps for INF to read this thread, and see what they think. No body else seems to want to reply with a "I will!"

Also, if this map is completed, it will require some nice music, and ,oops, in honor of one of my favorite movies, I happen to have the soundtrack to The Rock. Is it feasible to transfer from CD to whatever the hell the UT format is? If not, then go to your nearest Barnes and Noble, and order it: Chances are it won't be in stock. If not there, try Media Play. My friend fetched it for me from there. DAMN I love that music.