GRAW DEMO!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Creig

Back from the dead
Apr 17, 2003
Visit site
Some tweaks

Run the game so the default setting files can be created from there you can tweak away.Be sure to backup the "renderer_settings.xml" or any other files you fool around with. I got bored after beating it so here what I started foolig around with.

Here are some simple tweaks:

Located in your C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Demo\Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter Demo\Data\settings folder is a file called "renderer_settings.xml"

look under "<d3d_device" and change the values for "resulotion" and "refresh_rate" to put in your custom settings.

To test and see if you kick ass system can manage all the effects and stuff in GRAW change all the "texture_managed_xxx" values to true. Also change the "texture_quality_xxx" values to high. This should max most of the demo settings out so you can gauge your systems performance as it slows to a crawl. :D

Ok I am off to figure out how to show fps in-game and see if I can find out how to setup a server the old fashion way through the console. Maybe do a google search for ghost recon console commands and stuff. Once I get that figure out can make test the network code. ;)

Creig

Back from the dead
Apr 17, 2003
Visit site
Sorry!

figure everyone would be happy to try GRAW out. Anyways just want to see if any tech heads here wanted to fool around with the demo. I suppose this can be moved to the off-topic section section or merged with the topic already there. DOH! didn't see that one :-/

Last edited:

Síochán

Alpha
Feb 16, 2005
Creig said:
Sorry!

figure everyone would be happy to try GRAW out. Anyways just want to see if any tech heads here wanted to fool around with the demo. I suppose this can be moved to the off-topic section section or merged with the topic already there. DOH! didn't see that one :-/

Fer flip sake Creig :D

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Holy crap this game not really roxor :|

So many details in the demo mission, actualy it feels like there's more detail that you can't see than anything else. Gameplay is Rainbox-six ish, and the game runs terrible on lowest details on my AMD athlon (64) 3700 @ 2.2GHZ, XFX 6800 256 MB, 2 GB ram

Creig

Back from the dead
Apr 17, 2003
Visit site
I have the game running on its highest detail. You will be surprised that the game runs like slik when you manually force it to run using the highest demo settings. I also found alot of support help on the ghostrecon.net forums. There is this little program called "hamachi" that allows you to setup a VPN(with up to 16 people) so you can play online with anyone. It works for just about anything. I didn't even have to forward any ports to get a good connection online either. If you are interested in player online pm me.

anaemic said:
if i start ripping into these nubs will i get banned too ?

/turns eight ball over.
c7.gif

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
What's up with XMP anyway? The last times i downloaded the demo there was no servers :con:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Bah, too bad i sold my copy of Unreal2 2 years ago, i didn't knew there was a patch for the demo.
I'll check it out, i miss this game.