1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

GPF static meshes errors

Discussion in 'Level Design, Skinning and Modelling' started by katanaX, Oct 14, 2004.

1. katanaX

katanaX New Member

I always get GPF errors when importing .ase statics meshes into UED 3.0 and it crashes. Anyone know how to fix this? Am I exporting the files to .ase wrong? I use 3dsmax, is there anything special to think of when exporting to .ase to make it work correctly in UnrealEd?
    thanks,

Last edited: Oct 14, 2004
  2. Radiosity

Radiosity Minty Fresh!

Couple of things:

1: Are you exporting your meshes as single objects? So if you had 5 objects in your scene, you'd attach them all into one object before exporting. Static meshes cannot be made up of multiple seperate objects - doing that will bugger Ued up good and proper.

2: Do you have any extra elements in your scene such as lights or dummy helper objects? Anything like this should also be removed before exporting (or just select whatever you want and export selected if you don't want to delete the objects every time).

Can't think of anything else at the moment :) And the .ase exporter from Max works perfectly with more or less default settings (you need to have Mesh Normals and Mapping Coordinates checked, everything else is fine at default).