Got Spyware.. you prolly do!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Rukee

Coffee overclocks the overclocker!!
May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
How big of a problem is spying???
Is one OS more vulnerable then another??
If i`m behind a hardwire firewall.....do I need to worry about it??
Can they still send the info back from behind the firewall??
are more then one spy program able to run at a time??
I have more questions.....but will stop now to avoid me looking like newbie!! :p

S

SpiritWalker

Originally posted by Rukee
How big of a problem is spying???
Is one OS more vulnerable then another??
If i`m behind a hardwire firewall.....do I need to worry about it??
Can they still send the info back from behind the firewall??
are more then one spy program able to run at a time??
I have more questions.....but will stop now to avoid me looking like newbie!! :p

It's not an OS prob... though I would say that Win95 is prolly more vunerable than others.. Spyware isn't so much of a problem..depending on what type of puter that you use.. like the one that I am on now.. I didn't register with anyone..since it was a built box..no software packages that came with it at all... but say if you bought a puter at best buy.. then you prolly had to do the whole register thing.. then you have all this personal info on your system..even when I registered 98..I used fake info.. so spyware isn't an issue on this puter.. most freeware has some type of spyware..Go!zilla and Getright are really bad.. as well as FreshDownload.. DL managers are bad all over (or so it seems to me).. there is an online Strippoker game that is HORRIBLE for spying.. and the odd thing is that it "really" isn't illeagl..
as many spyware can run at one time as you have installed..it all in the programs that you may or may not have..
info behind the fire wall... sure if you have an "always on" connection or when ever you do the dial up
the spyware program that I use is the Ad Aware that you can DL in the link that I posted..