1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Got ideas?

Discussion in 'Map Ideas' started by newbie2uted, May 10, 2004.

1. newbie2uted

newbie2uted UT gamer

I've been mesing around a bit with UnrealEd and now I am ready to make a map. But haven't got any ideas :confused: . Do you?

Last edited: May 10, 2004
  2. Nahand

Nahand !!! God Of Random !1?

... then... you're not ready to make a map yet ...

3. Master Roshi

Master Roshi Troll

No remakes plz... I have seen too many maps that places you in a building or city and verry few maps that place you outside of everything. So how about something with hills ditches trees and moutains in the distance. Or a nali village. And make it a dm map PLZ???

You cannot say that you never got the editor open and did not have an idea off the bat.

4. newbie2uted

newbie2uted UT gamer

How about a spaceship/station from the future? :D

5. Dark JaXx

Dark JaXx When the dark strikes...

Spaceship theme is fine, but done to much....but if u can make some new details no one did...shure, why not..

6. Uncle_Bob

Uncle_Bob Sympathy for Mr. Vengance

I suggest you start with something simple, like an in door DM map. Which UT are you using as I can point you to some tutorials really good ones! Making a hilly map like a nali village is probably to complicated as a first map especialy if its the first UT. The terrain editor in that is a beast. Expect it to be very hard to make anything remotely good and to take a long time. Be very patient and persevre and you should get there in the end. Its taken me the best part of a year to get where I am. I still have loads to learn, loads, its slightly overwelming :D

Good luck

Edit:See my progress in my sig.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2004
  7. XepptizZ

XepptizZ What are you lookin at...

A facility of some sort, cuze it's something ya can learn a lot from, zones, archi, and always make sure the deco doesn't make it to dence to be able to move and now the size of a player. I've just noticed a lot of beginners tend to make things way to big.

8. Dark JaXx

Dark JaXx When the dark strikes...

I'm making everything just to small..;)

looks good uncle...specially the reflection at the screen in the middle..