Google rank between 4 and 5

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
It seems that the new Google algorithm has made BU's rating drop. Any ideas on how we can could boost it?

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Our PageRank was never above 4. We don't do enough SEO and crap to make our pages seem more relevant. I think Unreal Wiki has a better PageRank than we do.

Kerr Avon

Jan 22, 2008
Our PageRank was never above 4. We don't do enough SEO and crap to make our pages seem more relevant. I think Unreal Wiki has a better PageRank than we do.

What is "SEO"? I don't know anything about Google ranking, but I've heard that it's very competitive, and it sounds interesting.

Kerr Avon

Jan 22, 2008
Visit google.com, enter SEO into the searchfield and you will know. Seriously, thats way too easy to figure out by yourself. You have not even tried, right? :rolleyes:

No, I didn't try. It would have taken less effort to type SEO into the search box at the top of my screen than to (as I did) ask the question here, but I did the latter anyway, as doing this can sometimes lead to interesting discussions, which is the purpose of these forums, surely?

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Maybe :) . Google might take user feedback into account since the recent change to the Panda algorithm. Linking from other popular sites should help too.

My bad. For some reason I thought BU had a very high ranking (max is 10).

What is "SEO"? I don't know anything about Google ranking, but I've heard that it's very competitive, and it sounds interesting.

It's short for search-engine optimization or how to make a site appear among top results for some given keywords. There is also Page Rank which is used to gauge how popular a site is. For more detail, I'll add that there are two approaches to SEO. One is white hat (optimizations done according to Google's rules) and the other is black hat (uses exploits and can backfire). If you have Chrome you can check Page Rank rating using this:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/mmhofljhcphkbkjmhaiagmbajikkfnep

Last edited: