Good idea for UT2004 jailbreak

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Is this a good idea to have in Jailbreak

• Yes

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 80.0%

• Total voters

flashn00b

Bored.
Apr 6, 2006
Here's my idea. There should be a ChaosUT2 mutator which would make it so the arena fighters can't pick up weapons until they have proven themselves worthy to escape. Instead, they will have only the melee weapon they selected in the options menu.

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
Hans Oberlander said:
Bad idea...So no.
Don't think so. Actually I like Chaos UT's melee weapon duel gametype. The problem is that it's a gametype and selectively enabling it for a part of a map (actually for two players on a map) might be quite difficult.

Jrubzjeknf

Registered Coder
Mar 12, 2004
The Netherlands
It's very easy if you can modify the weapons. Check out my JBAddonEnableJailfight, it enables the shieldgun only when the player is in jail.

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
As far as I understood the idea, flashn00b suggests to have the Chaos Duel gametype with its melee weapons instead of regular arena fights. Chaos Duel includes various melee weapons (the user can select one of them for duelling) with complex movement. Basically you not only click to "fire", but your movement also comes into play when deciding the actual way to swing the weapon. There are also three different stances (light, medium, heavy), which further affect the speed and strength of the attack. For example when jumping forward in heavy stance and starting the swing near the peak of the jump, a good central hit with a heavy weapon (e.g. a large axe or hammer) has the potential for a one-hit-kill. Moving left or right while attacking results in horizontal swings, which are not as dangerous as the "death from above", but are much quicker, and so on.

Arena fights like that could cetainly be an interesting addition. :)

flashn00b

Bored.
Apr 6, 2006
my mutator idea for jailfights is that you spawn with only your melee weapon and you cannot pickup weapons until you win the arena

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
flashn00b said:
my mutator idea for jailfights is that you spawn with only your melee weapon and you cannot pickup weapons until you win the arena
Do you mean that only people who has won the arena should be allowed to pickup the weapons from the map, and all the other players only would have a melee weapon? I think that wouldn't work at all. Only 4-6 ArenaMatches take place every match, and everyone with melee weapon would sit down around the locks making an ugly blockade... :hmm:

About a melee arena I agree with Jrub, many arena layouts are big enough to need a ranged weapon... And if your health is lower than the opponent's you can run away until the match ties... :D Haven't tried the Chaos weapons so I might be wrong... :rolleyes:

The_Head said:
Chaos arena weapons in Jailfights would be sweet :)
+1 :tup: