1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

GoldenEye N64 weapon port request

Discussion in 'Concept Discussion Board' started by Nemephosis, Aug 14, 2001.

1. Nemephosis

Nemephosis Earning my Infrequent Flier miles

yay, 100th post in this thread. wheee.

I hope you can finish this soon, although I know about the hell that is school. It screws everything up ;)

I guess just whenever you get the time...... :)

thanks

2. Smoke39

Smoke39 whatever

I don't want school to start again! Argh! I wish I knew how to get that sound program working again. I'm gonna go see if I can get AvP to work with Game Spy Arcade again.

3. Smoke39

Smoke39 whatever

I've made some progress! Yeah! I think I'm done with the models now, so I just gotta make it act more Moonraker-like. I hope yer happy, Nemephosis! :)

4. Nemephosis

hey hey! right on, thanks man :tup: :)

do you remember that old Quad-Barrel Shotgun you made? summon command qbs.qbs I think it was?

Think you could make it shoot about 4 times the pellets in both secondary and primary modes? I like it a lot and was just wondering if you could do that some time (low on priority list though ;)

5. Smoke39

Smoke39 whatever

That, sir, would be entirely pointless.

6. Nemephosis

but not so! for you see, it would be really really powerful then, and me likey really really powerful. :)

7. Psycho_Leech

Psycho_Leech Hug meh

Secondary mode

I haven't checked every reply, but in Perfect Dark, the laser's secondary mode was a short range stream, which was like the laser watch used to cut out of the train, which I reckon should be the alt fire mode, or make another version within the same mod, based on the PD version instead of Goldeneye, using the PD model.

8. someguy_99

someguy_99 New Member

BUG!!!!!!! BIG ONE!!!!!!!!

When bots use the izu (shouldn't it be uzi?), the sometimes stop shooting for some reason. Just run around aiming around eachother. And could you make it so you can have 2? God that would be sweet... And tone down the power and the force with the pain shotgun. Please.

9. Smoke39

Smoke39 whatever

Leech, this is the MOONRAKER laser, not some watch laser, or lame wrist thingy from PD. It shoots laser, an' ON'Y lasers!
    Ah! My old weapons are coming back to haunt me!
    The QBS is powerful enough, ya bumb!
    If you mean the old izu, an' not the one in Pain, a: I don't care 2: I'm not surprised. I think the Pain one doesn't do that.
    The painful shotgun's already been toned down a bit. Shotguns're s'posed to be powerful! If I made it any weaker, it'd be an anoying wimpy gun, as far too many shotguns are.

10. Nemephosis

OK smoke you win. bastard ;)

Please finish up the laser any time you can, I'm waiting anxiously :)

Someguy if you think the Pain Shotgun is too powerful, a couple things.

1. What the hell was that weapon you wanted designed supposed to do anyway? Turn you into Superman? Faster than the warsuit, jump higher than jump boots, kill everyone on the map.....? and then the shotgun is too powerful?

I don't get it, someone explain this to me please?

2. Smoke or myself could post the QBS, Quad-Barrel Shotgun, and see whatcha think of THAT one. It's about 5 times stronger on secondary mode.

11. someguy_99

someguy_99 New Member

It's just to powerful for a shotgun. That's all. If my gun's called the VLG5000000 then that's ok. Now with the shotgun they wont feel pain because they die instantly. And I thought this thread was the pain one. Meant to put that there.

12. Nemephosis

Ah so being able to kill everything on a map is OK but if someone's shotgun doesn't please you you have to criticize it. I see.

That is exactly what you just said, just not in those words.

I am pretty sure smoke has taken the time to balance it. I trust him even if others do not. *cough*

13. Smoke39

Smoke39 whatever

The Moonraker has begun to not cooporate... It ignored the last changes I made to it. Blasted LASER... It won't use the GE sound I recorded, an' the laser beam won't act right all the time. Erg.
    The QBS is posted somewhere around here. I think in two places: "Help me finish off some guns", and that thread about unreleased weapons.

14. Nemephosis

This is truly full of sucktitude.

[edit] the sound isn't a real priority, you can always revise it later. I would just care for a working version first, then it can be troubleshot. (Troubleshooted? nah, sounds dumb.) [/edit]

15. Smoke39

Smoke39 whatever

Well, I geuss it's working now, then. The only thing it doesn't yet do is shoot through walls.

16. Nemephosis

That doesn't matter really. There aren't really any doors to fire through any way.

Once the beam is working, and there's at least some kind of sound to it, post it up. We'll discuss changes/problems then.

17. someguy_99

someguy_99 New Member

My gun is pretty damn powerfull.

18. Nemephosis

No, your gun is ridiculous.

You want to kill everything in the map with one shot. You want high-speed homing missiles that blow up into shock combo explosions. You want.... shit man I can't even remember but all I know is it's ridiculous.

I like overkill, but yeesh, even I have limits.

19. Psycho_Leech

Psycho_Leech Hug meh

Well...

Since doors open automatically, it probably won't be a problem, and shooting through doors is best done when they can get in the way, which is when it's cool, and I'm guessing the only problem you face regarding going through walls is homework anyway.

20. Smoke39

Smoke39 whatever

I think I might know why it seems to be ignoring a lot of what I'm changing... When I opened UEd recently, there were two Moonrakers... Really weird, an' I don't know why it did that or how to fix it, really.