Going away...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

«BuA»Lurker_71

Thë Möñkëÿ Kïñg
Dec 15, 2002
Wha?
I wanted to let you guys know that I'll be gone for a while starting late tuesday or early wednesday... the problem is; I don't know how long I'll be gone.
We've decided that we're done with Richmond, and we're going back to Louisville... but I may not be able to get internet started again until the 27th, due to money constraints.
We'll also be packing in a hurry to avoid paying this month's rent, so I'm not sure I will be able to make monday night... though I will certainly try.

I'll still be availble (via email) at lurker_71@tmail.com, if you need anything... and of course you know where you can get my cell #.

Hope to see you soon,
-Lurk

Bonecrusher

Make choices, don't look back...
Oct 14, 2001
Spring City, PA
bua.beyondunreal.com
Methinks you should stop putting it off and just move to PA :)

Don't worry Lurkypooo, we'll still be here when you get back! I hope everything works out smoothly... although I must say, packing in a hurry does not sound like fun :(

TAZTG

Your face, Your ass-Whats the Difference
Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
Good Luck Lurk, Lets hope that perfect job is just around the corner from ya.

TAZTG

Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
Trip was fine the trip home sucked, lots of confusion and delays from American Airlines. I was really surprised my Bag made it with me to BWI. Guess the small delay out of DFW helped with the luggage catching up to me.

«BuA»Lurker_71

Thë Möñkëÿ Kïñg
Dec 15, 2002
Wha?
Well, looks like I'll be getting one more night in before the big move... Saigon will be there too... about 7:30, I'm guessing.

«BuA»Lurker_71

Thë Möñkëÿ Kïñg
Dec 15, 2002
Wha?
Welp it's been officially verified that I won't be back until the end of May. :(
I imagine by then you fellas will have all your achievements in L4D, but hopefully you'll still be playing.
I'll be checking in periodically, and hopefully I'll pick up a couple achievements while offline.
Cya in a few weeks.

«BuA»Lurker_71

Thë Möñkëÿ Kïñg
Dec 15, 2002
Wha?
Take care Lurk. See you when you get back.

You actually get to see me before I get back... thanks to cell phone internet!
Thought I would let you guys know we made it... if you want to call it that.
We spent about 13 hours loading (11 in the rain), 9 hours unloading, and I'm currently working on unpacking everything.

Anyway, thought I would say "hey"... check ya lata.

Iceburgs

The Iceman Cometh....
Jul 22, 2002
Baltimore County, MD
Don't wear yourself out unpacking, Lurk! Well, since Taz also posted some trip stuff, I guess I should let you all know that I will be making a VERY quick trip to Florida. You see, I am an uncle again (for the fourth time)! My brother's wife gave birth to a baby boy on Tuesday morning, and his circumcision ceremony will be this coming Tuesday morning. I will be in Florida for all of 18 hours. If you count being over the airspace, it might come closer to 20. Thank goodness I am flying direct, or I might not even make it! :)

TAZTG

Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
Thats a Very Quick Trip.. Remember 3 of those hours will be spent in line at the Airport. LOL

«BuA»Lurker_71

Thë Möñkëÿ Kïñg
Dec 15, 2002
Wha?
I finally get my rig put together, and I'm itching to play L4D... except Steam won't start in offline mode.
I tried startibg it from the L4D folder, but no dice...
Should I reinstall Steam/L4D?

Shattered_Steel

Birthed of Destruction
Mar 9, 2002
Kettering, OH
I'm pretty sure Steam has to connect to run - which means games that need Steam won't run, either. It's just the the type of piracy protection Steam games use instead of key codes and/or game discs. Most of the time it wouldn't be a problem at all; but Lurk, I understand your side completely. There was a lot I couldn't play the last couple of times I moved and didn't have internet connection.