1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Gnome and Sapper , What the... ?

Discussion in 'Nali City' started by Kantham, Jun 7, 2005.

1. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

2. ReD_Fist

ReD_Fist New Member

I must say it is VERY refreshing and interesting to read,it puts some spice into life.

3. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

Maybe it add more 'spice' in reading a review. Maybe the guy(s) decided to make their (his) review this way to make sure the reader has a better reading time yeah....

But it's still odd to me.

4. Hourences

Hourences New Member

He, 1 guy.

Hes new, will get newspost in few days when he gets back to me with some info

5. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

That is more specified. Hope the guy don't get flamed for the way he is doing review. Welcome to him.

6. XepptizZ

XepptizZ What are you lookin at...

One of the better reviews I've read so far.

7. NeoNite

NeoNite Worst hack fraud ever

If he gets flamed, he shouldn't worry about it because quite frankly the only people who could possible be annoyed by this are unimaginative, boring smacktards.

:O)

Original reviewing style.

8. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

I like that part.

It can help to know that , and i'm also guessing that more people will read this out. Compared to all standard reviewer...

9. Manticore

Manticore Official BUF Birthday Spammer

?

*laughs*. Shouldn't this thread be in the review section?

10. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

It's not a for a specific map..

Maybe it should have ben posted there?

It sound more like a news than a review question. Well , it's a Style of reviewing....
    Complexive....

11. Bot_40

Bot_40 Go in drains

Yes the forum catagories are a bit ghey imo. Would be better to just have Review Discussion catagory just for general talk about map reviews and Map Discussion for talk about maps specifically or something.

12. QUALTHWAR

QUALTHWAR Baitshop opening soon.

The schizophrenic nature of the review is probably not appreciated by most readers. When I first began reviewing, my reviews were too long and people complained. The public wanted more concise reviews so they could get on with their lives. Keep in mind that I didn’t have a bunch of verbosity that went nowhere and didn’t do anything to help inform the public, and they still were upset because the reviews were too lengthy. And keep in mind that this was before our ability to add 10 screenshots that did a lot of the talking for us.

With the advent of numerous screenshots, a picture really is worth 1000 words. The reviews can usually be summed up in a couple of good paragraphs, give or take. I think the better maps deserve more review time, but the majority of maps only need a couple of paragraphs and enough screenshots to get the message across. The major points should be touched on such as atmosphere (i.e., lighting and sound), layout (flow, z-axis, etc.), construction, A.I., if you need files to make the map run; you know, important stuff.

13. ArcadiaVincennes

ArcadiaVincennes Level Designer

It's a refreshing break from my Dry Style...

:)

14. CyberSirius

CyberSirius Mostly dead.

And your tendency to add more points in the "Build" section.

15. Manticore

Manticore Official BUF Birthday Spammer

->->->->->->->->->

Obviously this is another situation where people's tastes rule. Some people are going to like this reviewing style and others not.

I think I'd have to agree that when reviews get a bit too lengthy you are going to lose the audience; particularly around here where the objective is that little download button.

Personally, if I bother reading the review at all I go in for technical stuff. Build, construction, lighting, AI, etc.

16. Evil_Cope

Evil_Cope For the Win, motherfather!

Very well written reviews, though i wonder at the 8 just a little.

Better try the map before i say anything much about the review though, eh? :)

17. ReD_Fist

ReD_Fist New Member

AGHh ,wish you didnt let the cat out of the bag there.
    .................................................................................

But if you think about it,it's much easier for two reviewers,because they can critisize the map much easier without pissin any one off(flame).

like,these 2 here
    MMM and EEE

EEE ,Man you see that bsp hole over there,they shoulda fixxed it cause i fall through the map,I dont know about this map.
    MMM HEY EEE if you jumped up there just to get stuck,cause we are all fighting down here.

(might be a lame example LoL)

See so neither takes the flame blame while still pointing out cool and uncool stuff in mappage.
    Just a thought

Like movie reveiwers,they usaualy come in pairs .See so the film makers can't say much about it,because somtimes the critic who bashes the movie,praised the first movie they filmed,and visa versa betwenn the two,so you end up with a better and balanced idea of how the movie really is.

Plus it's 2 people,hourences just fooling ya.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2005
  18. Chrysaor

Chrysaor Lord of the Pants

Try this:

"That is more specific. Hope the guy does not get flamed for the way he reviews."

19. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

Yeah

I'm using it the way i have learned it. It seems that i don't use

Don't and Does not correcly inside my stance. Thanks for the tip.

20. ReD_Fist

ReD_Fist New Member

one other thing..
    no word i read you typed someware,mabye you know by now
    but juDge fuDge

not juged
    and one other there is no word
    "maked"
    it is made or make

have made=maked