Glass texture?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

XxInsanityxX

Dec 12, 2004
UnrealEd 2.0 - UT99
Where is a good glass texture, and is there anything else to making glass other than just a transparent surface?

BTW I'm working on DM-Hope, and I'm looking for a partner in the project. The map's dedicated to A4. If anyone wants to help: AIM - Total 1n54n1ty MSN - 1n54n1ty@gmail.com

Last edited:

Bot_40

Go in drains
Nov 3, 2001
York, UK
erm, GenFX.utx if I remember correctly, might be GenIn or something like that. It's one of the "gen" packages

XepptizZ

What are you lookin at...
May 17, 2004
In solitude
Try, bright corners+translucent and place a light near to it. Make sure the light partsd of the texture is in view when you set the viewport to texturedview.

MartinW

Mar 12, 2005
Germany
home.arcor.de
is there anything else to making glass other than just a transparent surface?
Yes. Create a sheet the same shape as your window.
Set all its surfaces to "mirror".
Export the brush.
Convert it into a mesh via MeshMaker (package: MyLevel).
Place the created mesh in your map, save the map, delete MyLevel.u
Set your mesh to "translucent" and give it a texture with a bright (colored) spot on it (the rest of the texture remains black). Now it looks like the glass reflects light from a (colored) lightsource.
You can also assign a cloudy texture to the glass mesh to make it look like it reflects the sky.
Its the technique DavidM once posted on the teamvortex site (and later used it in ONP). It will look cool, believe me.

Reciprocity

Boots of Spanish Rubber
Apr 4, 2004
I saw that in action in ONP. It was sweeet but a little primative as far as shaders go. Awesome for the time though. Where did DavidM post that? Your directions aren't quite clear enough.