1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Glass texture?

Discussion in 'Level Editing - Basic' started by XxInsanityxX, Dec 12, 2004.

1. XxInsanityxX

XxInsanityxX New Member

UnrealEd 2.0 - UT99
    Where is a good glass texture, and is there anything else to making glass other than just a transparent surface?

BTW I'm working on DM-Hope, and I'm looking for a partner in the project. The map's dedicated to A4. If anyone wants to help: AIM - Total 1n54n1ty MSN - 1n54n1ty@gmail.com

Last edited: Dec 12, 2004
  2. Bot_40

Bot_40 Go in drains

erm, GenFX.utx if I remember correctly, might be GenIn or something like that. It's one of the "gen" packages

3. XxInsanityxX

XxInsanityxX New Member

how do i make it look like glass instead of like clear and black? What surface properties do i enable?

4. XepptizZ

XepptizZ What are you lookin at...

Try, bright corners+translucent and place a light near to it. Make sure the light partsd of the texture is in view when you set the viewport to texturedview.

5. Icedancer

Icedancer Colder than Steel

yep Genin.utx then select Glass from the groups :)

6. ReD_Fist

ReD_Fist New Member

Why is map dedicated to A4?

7. MartinW

MartinW New Member

Yes. Create a sheet the same shape as your window.
    Set all its surfaces to "mirror".
    Export the brush.
    Convert it into a mesh via MeshMaker (package: MyLevel).
    Place the created mesh in your map, save the map, delete MyLevel.u
    Set your mesh to "translucent" and give it a texture with a bright (colored) spot on it (the rest of the texture remains black). Now it looks like the glass reflects light from a (colored) lightsource.
    You can also assign a cloudy texture to the glass mesh to make it look like it reflects the sky.
    Its the technique DavidM once posted on the teamvortex site (and later used it in ONP). It will look cool, believe me.

8. Reciprocity

Reciprocity Boots of Spanish Rubber

I saw that in action in ONP. It was sweeet but a little primative as far as shaders go. Awesome for the time though. Where did DavidM post that? Your directions aren't quite clear enough.