Gif Kills [56k = Pancaked]

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Well, first I figured it would be too long and too big for a GIF so I was going to keep it as an AVI. I output the AVI with the second portion blurry and faster with a glow from Sony Vegas, and I imported that in ImageReady just to see if it would be a usable GIF size. It was close enough (less than SharkTank's, in any case), so I GIFed it as it was.

The AVI looks a crapload better.

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
Daaayyyyyyyyyyyyyymit I had to cut out so many frames to get it under 1mb that you can't even see what's going on until I get the hs. GG.

jdfrenzyhs2jy.gif

Last edited:

SharKTanK

:zzz:
Oct 5, 2003
Manchester
Raffi_B said:
Shark, what settings do you use in imageready? I just can't get my gif to look halfway decent. It's all choppy and ugly.

Me said:
I use Adobe Imageready, open up the avi, resize it to 320x260, set the compression to 16 colours and save.
Everything else is left as the default.

In case the defaults vary, they are:
  • GIF
    Lossy: 0
  • Selective
    Colors: 16
  • Diffusion
    Dither: 100%

I'm also fixing my FPS in UT2004 at 30 frames per sec, using RypelCam (it seems to do it automatically) but if you don't have that, you can use the "fixedfps 30" command.
That's the only thing I can think of that's making a difference between this supposed choppiness. I really can't see much of a difference between your gif's and mine tho *shrug*

Edit: and damn, sup with Kantham?

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
16 color is what you use? I noticed that 128 don't make much difference from the original RGBa8 picture.

btw, what is "dithered" ?

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Dithering prevents color banding, probably by upping the color count unofficially. Just set it to 0 or set the pulldown menu to no dithering and see the difference.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
I edited my post and now my sig is f**ked! GG vBulletin!

Tiny bump! Something kinda different; was the only recent thing I could remember that wouldn't require demo scouring.

325069nu.gif

That's a 'nade, if you can't tell. Must of knocked him sideways just enough so the shock ball couldn't make it around the corner, even though it looks like it knocked him the other direction...

All these 1v1 things have made me realize how long it's been since I went into a TDM/TAM pub. I've only played 1v1, TDM scrim/match, and FragBU for the past few weeks. :eek: I guess tomorrow I will head to a pub in search of a more interesting GIF frag. :)

Last edited:

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
I don't mind no weaponstay; I like the concept of not having every weapon available to you in a fight quite a bit. It's only really a problem when the team you're playing is actually pretty good or better, rather than some medium-tier team, because they will actively make sure you can't get certain weapons. Of course, poor map design like Grendelkeep only heightens the issue as controlling two weapons is enough. God, Grendel is so horrible. :B

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
I edited my post and now my sig is f**ked! GG vBulletin!

41064ym.gif

Come on, people! More frags! I haven't enough style to pull this thread along on my own! :)

EDIT: Here's what that looked like from Raffi's perspective. Boom!

410627bl.gif

Last edited:

SharKTanK

:zzz:
Oct 5, 2003
Manchester
Rammo's Airrox

rammo_rox_fract.gif

Edit: I had to reupload all the images, so for people wondering where they went they should be back now.

Edit: And one from Cruz

cruz_hs_camp.gif

Last edited: