1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Gif Kills [56k = Pancaked]

Discussion in 'Unreal Tournament 2003/2004' started by SharKTanK, Mar 9, 2006.

1. [VaLkyR]Anubis

[VaLkyR]Anubis Foregone Destruction

Sometimes,my net connection is going from bad to worse,but that another cause,anyway,my connection works very often good and I don't have any problems,if there's a site with lots of any gifs stuff or anything else,it is done when it is done,ok but I don't wanna wait the whole for loading a site,you know.;)

Yup,I have the same opinion,hope there will be gif stuff for UT3 like for UT2004,I really like this thread,it is always nice to see other people good fraggin moments.:)

2. KaL976

KaL976 *nubcake*

:y5:

i so totally missed the drama... it does say 56k warning ;)

3. Defeat

Defeat GET EM WITH THE BACKSMACK WOOOOO

HAHA, I was just looking at this thread yesterday thinking I should make some more frag gifs. You might want to look at some of the earlier posts though furby, you could probably optimize your pixel/MB size ratio :p Also, where have you been, I haven't seen you on Kitty's.

4. furby

furby New Member

I've been playing tons man. Mostly the demo servers when Kitty's is empty. Are these frags ****?

5. dub

dub

I wouldn't call them ****, but their a little "unimpressive".
    The rox one just seems like a regular rox to the feet kill to me... though it's hard to tell, those images are tiny :)

6. Defeat

Defeat GET EM WITH THE BACKSMACK WOOOOO

Try to get them at least 320x320, I almost didn't see that was a headshot :p We should 1v1 sometime or something, you still going be furby ingame or are you going by something else?

7. Nereid

Nereid ・ ω ・

You mean 320x240 :)

Agreed though; when they're that small, it's really hard to see what's going on. The last one is literally an inch high on my screen :eek:

To keep file sizes down, you should use around 8-32 colours and about 10-15fps for the gifs.

8. [VaLkyR]Anubis

Nice frags buddy,but it is hard to recognise,try to make them bigger next time.:)

9. furby

furby New Member

Here's yet another:

[​IMG]

10. Nereid

Nereid ・ ω ・

That gif is 6MB. How do you make them so big? :S

11. furby

furby New Member

With TVC. Either way they always end up low quality.

12. Nereid

Nereid ・ ω ・

I used Adobe ImageReady (comes with Photoshop; if you don't have it, "acquire" it somewhere ;)) to make all of my GIFs.

I opened your GIF in ImageReady and then saved it without modification, and the result was 2MB, so whatever you're using to make the GIFs is very bad. (Taking GIFs and reducing the number of colours typically works very badly, so I left the number of colours the same. Your GIF had 256 colours, and it looks as bad as a good 32-colour GIF would.)

My workflow for making GIFs goes roughly like this:
    - Capture video from UT2004 using dumpframes (you're doing this, right?).
    - Open the image sequence in VirtualDubMod (which is free), cut the video, resize it to 320x240 and bring it down to 15fps, and save as an avi (try to keep it under 5 seconds).
    - Open the avi in ImageReady, tweak GIF compression settings to get a filesize under 1.5MB (which is ImageShack's limit), save, and upload to ImageShack.

I usually go for between 16 and 32 colours, and almost always use Pattern dithering. (Due to the way GIF compression works, the Diffusion and Noise dithering methods usually don't compress as well.)

Also you have an extra [/center] in your sig.

Last edited: May 3, 2008
  13. furby

furby New Member

Some MOAAAAR!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    ROFLCOPTER!

Last edited: May 3, 2008
  14. GreatEmerald

GreatEmerald Khnumhotep

Hey, that's not Rankin :)
    And hey, you use lift jumping :) It gives a nice boost, sadly you get hurt when you fall down.

15. Nereid

Nereid ・ ω ・

ROFLCOPTER indeed! And it reminds me of this one of mine (from above) as well:
    [​IMG]

Yours is shorter, but has 7 times the file size! please try to make them smaller! Use something other than TVC!

Last edited: May 4, 2008
  16. T2A`

T2A` I'm dead.

LOL. Just noticed his is over 7 MB.

Major fail. D:

17. [VaLkyR]Anubis

LoLoL @ furby's third GIF frag,that's too funny.:lol:

18. Ben1220

Ben1220 New Member

ohhhhhh the fun, theres nothing better for relieving stress then going to a demo server and pwning some noobies.

I get angry when other good full players join and we have to share the noobies though :( Get your own noobs to play with :mad:

Yeah lots of aimbot accusations, though once I was even semi accused (implied) of aimbot by a good player, on a very good server. You know your doing something right when that happens :p

19. JohnDoe641

JohnDoe641 Killer Fools Pro Staff Member

What happened to my gifs? :c

Anyways, I guess I'll repost them all.

You can barely see it, but Jackson only pops up for .0005 seconds and bam, hs. :p
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I hit Dan with a shock primary then combo'd him like .2 seconds later with a shock core I shot before. I was hoping he wasn't going to move because I thought it would be a cool frag, luckily he didn't move. It looks a lot better when it's not in crappy gif format and when it's not playing in slow motion. :)
    [​IMG]

Nade + rocket + mid air rocket = win.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The first rocket DID hit, too bad it doesn't even look like it did in the demo. I'm also glad that the second rocket went right through him in the demo. :)
    [​IMG]

Cola Wars! D:
    [​IMG]

20. [VaLkyR]Anubis

^The last gif is really ludicrous!:D