Getting INF CE to run with Unreal Anthology

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kyle Kellahshehskee

[^..^]Kyle
Mar 3, 2004
Metro Detroit, Michigan
It's been ages since I've posted here!

I hope that all's well with you guys and gals.

Here's my problem:
I just purchased the Unreal Anthology collection DVD, and thought that it would be the perfect opportunity to reinstall Infiltration.

While I've had no problems launching the original UT 1999 from it, I've had no such luck with launching the Community Edition of INF. I've received two different errors after clicking on the .exe.

The first is this:
open [x]
INF_run.bat
The specified file was not found.

After clicking [OK], the general INF "options/start" GUI appears, I click to start playing, and then after another long delay, I get this second error report:
Critical Error [X]
Failed to enter entry.unr: Invalid URL:
History: UGameEnigine::Init <- InitEngine
[OK]

Some final observations. Somehow, when the Unreal Anthology DVD was released, it didn't allow the original Unreal Tournament to startup multiplayer games. I downloaded and installed their patch to fix this enormous error on their part.

Also, after combing through various stickies and searches that were found here, I have this question:
There is no way for me not to install the high-res texture pack, could this be a source of my troubles? The Anthology version just installs everything to do with UT 1999 in one shot.

Any information that can help me around this problem would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

:)

Last edited: